Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLius View Post
Looks like there are some non-breaking spaces after the last word.
Because they only occur at the end of the document, I don't think they will form a problem. You could just erase them, if they bother you.
Yes, they could cause the problem of a blank page before the next chapter.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
I must be the only user who actually prefers about 2-4 blank lines at the end of any chapter/file (or whatever). I find this helpful because, while scrolling down the text, you hit the eof - at the bottom of the screen.

Unfortunately, this makes it hard to be sure that you've reached the actual end of text and not some typo, malformed mark-up, or whatever. So I use the extra space as a means of letting me see that I've come to the end. Then if I start reading the next page/chapter and the flow of words doesn't make sense, I know that there is something odd going on.

And it's not just me having lost my mind or anything.
But how do the blank lines help? They can't help as they are blank and you don't see them. What you could see is a blank page of these lines warp to the next page. I don't see how this helps in any way.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by u238110 View Post
What's the most orthodox way to add that space, Sabardeyn?
Don't bother. It doesn't do anything other then add bloat and sometimes cause blank pages where blank pages should not exist. Given that that space is at the end of the chapter/file, it's just noting as when you turn the page to go to the next chapter/file, you get what the file is supposed to display. Don't be fooled by nothing.