Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-01-2023, 08:20 AM   #1
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Onyx Boox Pen 2 Pro Nib alternatives

I've misplaced my Steadler Norris Jumbo, so I had to shell out 20€ for 5 nibs for the pen 2 pro. That is really ridiculous!

The Boox Marker Tips have a shaft, which is 1.0mm and the tip is 1.66(+-0.02)mm.*
The Steadler Norris Jumbo nibs also have a shaft of 1.0mm, but the tip is 1.24mm. So the tips can move to the side and get bent rather quickly. So not a great alternative.

Does anyone know an alternative nib with a 1.0mm shaft and a larger tip that fits the Pen 2 Pro, but doesn't cost that much.

Maybe it would be nice to compile a list of nibs with shaft and tip diameter, so we don't have to choose what nib could be a viable alternative for a pen. I for one are wondering whether those Wacom nibs are a nice fit or not.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-01-2023 at 08:24 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 05:26 PM   #2
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Just go to Amazon.com lol Tons of nibs for sale
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:00 AM   #3
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Yes, I saw.
However, since the Steadlers which have perfect length and shaft thickness have too slim a tip, the information at Amazon is lacking. I could order a 5 versions and send 4 back. That doesn't seem like an intelligent approach. A forum approach collecting the data seems to save a lot of returned tips.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote