Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 05:10 AM   #76
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
i experinced the above problem but i had to Complete Restart the kindle (30sec hold)
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #77
SpookyMunky
SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I have been using this since you first mentioned it to me, and all I can say is thank you , no-one else has taken time out of theyr lives to do it, I use it daily pretty much, or nightly i guess .. I would like an update but if i were you,, I wouldnt .. so many demands
SpookyMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #78
paulroberthill
paulroberthill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi + 3G
I just tried this for the first time and it works great!
Currently streaming live London's LBC radio.

Many thanks!
paulroberthill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:04 AM   #79
lizayin
lizayin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixnick View Post
cmus sounds like an easy way to hack some gui into kindle...
i'd prefer making some kind of overlay gui for the kindle, which should be fairly easy once i determine a way to draw on the eink display and catch keys...

i had another idea today: since the kindle speakers (mine is wifi+3g eu) are quite good, i'd love to use them as a alarm clock with my mp3's...
does anyone know a way of scheduling a script/program without having to burn the battery the whole night while sleep()ing?

alarm clock! love it! haha...waiting for super man who can figure out
lizayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #80
bibiboo
bibiboo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
I have many music file with the extension m4a. Is there anyway to make the thing run on mplayer.
bibiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #81
kr-isa
kr-isa began at the beginning.

Does this (or any other) player already work on 3G GB? I use dictaphone (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=98) that produces .wav files. I would like to listen to them directly using Kindle, not only after transfering them to my PC. Thank you for your advice.
kr-isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #82
gromsy
gromsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/wifi
Hey, thanks so much for making this awesome app/mod/program!

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get it working consistently so I hope someone has some advice for me. I don't use it for streaming - just to play .flac files in the music directory.

I got it working when I first installed it. Worked for a couple of days.

Then it stopped working completely. I tried restarting launchpad with the shift-shift-space command, tried all the mplayer commands and no luck with anything for days. Then tonight I turned on wifi and all of a sudden it worked. But after playing and stopping it for a while to check it worked, I paused it, then left it and now it doesn't work at all again.

Tried turning wifi on again, tried turning it off, and am going crazy that it just worked for no reason then stoppped again!!!! Appreciate any help with this. I (would) love having the flac option on my kindle 3!
gromsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #83
DickeFix
Enthusiast
DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3Wifi+3G and DX
I also have experienced that mplayer hangs when I pause it. I now avoid using the pause function and then it works fine.
DickeFix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #84
SpookyMunky
SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.

emm, I think you both may be misunderstanding what the shift shift space does to launchpad... don't get me wrong, I do that aswell when things go buggy outa desperation. But what is actually needed is a command line kill of mplayer which should be pretty easy for anyone to setup I think ?
In my mind launchpad is just a shell.. basically tells the kernel what to do, I dont know if you have ever tried killing explorer.exe on a windows machine, to most users it looks like the pc is dead, if you load up explorer.exe again tho all of your processes(and therefor apps) are still running. I have never been a *nix geek and I know even less about the kindles version, but from what I have seen it seems to be similar. In summery I guess what I am saying is much like any shell where you can't actively kill a bugged prosess, the only option is a hard reboot I do it most of the time after listening to mplayer, only way I know it wont be running in the background

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl_kill.htm

hmm, so I guess we need to know the id which makes sense but heh can get mixed up so hmm,,, would basically want a line that asks for for the mplayers id / psid / whatever, and to give it back a result that you can put into a variable to kill that process ?

surely we can do this together without annoying Smarter

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_pidof.htm

just need to combine the two

Last edited by SpookyMunky; 07-22-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:03 AM   #85
SpookyMunky

best i can seem to come up with is either..

PID=$(ps -ef | grep mplayer | awk '{print $2}' | sed -n 1p)
kill -9 $PID

to put in an sh script but i cant get it to work

or just a

!kill -HUP `pidof mplayer`

should work ?
Old 07-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #86
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, a SIGHUP is not a SIGKILL. If you really want to exit all mplayer instances,
!kill -KILL `pidof mplayer`
should work. Or - I don't remind if Kindle has "killall" - just
!killall -KILL mplayer
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #87
SpookyMunky

thanks for the response and feedback... now is jst case of getting it to do something

I am a bit sick of trying to figure out launchpad from the 20line readme or whatever.. everything that i try that is logical in the way i think of how stuff works.. I cant seem to make it work

Last edited by SpookyMunky; 07-22-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #88
SpookyMunky

have found it fun to try and research, linux people are kinda hads going, one found it a bit pathetic and mentioned pfid, further search got me closer to that pid line.. once I mentioned that, a couple people mentioned i had the parameters wrong and should be like this / that heh.. sigh is a very non newbie friendly society purely based on irc chan.. like dont get me wrong, very nice people just heh.. feel like I did when I was starting out 3d 16 years ago or so have to pass a minimum test of geekyness to be deemed worthy of a response

Last edited by SpookyMunky; 07-22-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #89
SpookyMunky

sad thing is started from just someone being nice and saying pfid heh, got me through few conversations but heh.. seems there was already a pfid kill command in one of the files doh!, but even better now you have cleaned it up ... just heh, i cant figure out how to run a single line from a keystroke in launchpad, no-body allowed to laugh, is a hard thing to admit.. and meh.. have found a solution to all your mplayer woes... etc *hides*
Old 07-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #90
bibiboo
bibiboo began at the beginning.

How can i make mplayer play newest file first? I want to play from newest file to oldest file. I think i need to change the way mplayer make mplayer.playlist but i don't know how. Please help me
bibiboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, mplayer, music, ogg, streaming