Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
joeindallas
Enthusiast
joeindallas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle for Android App and margins

I prefer the Kindle App for reading on my Nook Color running Android 2.3, but for several devices I have running ICS the app looks terrible with huge margins. In the latest version of the Kindle App you can reduce the size of margins, but not nearly enough. I've tried alternate roms to allow running in phone mode instead of tablet mode on my ICS tablet, but nothing seems to work. I've seen others with this issue - is there a solution I'm missing?

Last edited by joeindallas; 10-05-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling
joeindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I'm using the TeamB version of CM7 on my Nook Tablet. I've got the margins set on the middle setting and the font fairly small. The margins on the left and right are maybe 3/16 inch. If I put it on the minimum margin setting, the margins go to about 1/8 inch.

I'm also using the latest Kindle for Android vs. 3.6.0.87.

Under the "What's New" (in Info) for vs. 3.6.0 it reads "Tablet users: customize your reading experience with new margin and line spacing controls."
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
joeindallas
Enthusiast

I guess the issue is the app on ICS/CM9. I went back to CM7 and it works for me as well, but it doesn't work nearly as well on CM9. I don't know why it would behave differently. I'll try to attach an example of each.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
joeindallas
Enthusiast

Here is a pic of the same version on CM7 vs ICS - I'd like to get it to look the same on both (with minimal margins - sides and top)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	598.0 KB
ID:	93457  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I'm sure it has something to do with the way ICS works. The guys at XDADevelopers haven't figured out all the in and outs of the operating system in conjunction with the Nook. Without all the proper documentation of the Nook, they might never figure it out. This is one of the disadvantages of using a "hacked" device. This is why I went back to the stock B&N ROM and I'm thinking of getting a Nexus 7 when I can afford it.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert