Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Free (Multiple Formats-DRM free) Phoenix Pick Free eBook of the Month [SF]

The Phoenix Pick Free eBook of the Month (for August) is:

Pallas by L. Neil Smith

Here's the Link: http://www.PPickings.com --> Scroll down to L. Neil Smith's author section, Click on [FREE EBOOK of the Month (click here)] under the cover for Pallas and enter the code 9991494 when prompted. It's free without DRM in multiple formats.

--Once you put the Code in to get the Free eBook there is also an offer for CERES (Book II of the Ngu Family Saga-Prometheus Award Finalist) for $3.99 (Reg. $9.99).

--L. Neil Smith's Prometheus Award Winning novel Pallas is the first book in the Ngu Family Saga

Description:
Quote:
Pallas (Book I of the Ngu Family Saga)

Prometheus Award Winner

Ex-U.S.-Senator Gibson Altman rules the prison colony where everyone is expected to live by rules that govern every aspect of their lives.

The inhabitants of the experimental colony survive in a society plagued by crime, corruption and despair, toiling endlessly at tasks they are appointed to. Altman lives a life of luxury, ruling the lives of the souls trapped within his experiment and brooking no opposition to mandate.

However, Pallas, the terraformed asteroid, is also home to Curringer, a society in stark contrast to Altman's prison. It is a community where individual freedoms are championed and men and women are free to live as they please.

Emerson Ngu escapes from Altman's prison colony and becomes a hero of Curringer. Altman is driven by a deep hatred of Emerson and his triumph and will do anything to get his revenge on him. But in the process will he also destroy his own daughter and even the world of Pallas?

--Link to ATDrake's Post and Info. for the Phoenix Pick from last month:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183516
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Got it - thanks!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
The Phoenix Pick free eBook for October is
Georgia On My Mind & Other Stories by Charles Sheffield

Sheffield was a physicist and hard SF writer. I've read little of his work, but he's a particular favorite of a good friend of mine.

To get the book, go into the catalog page at http://www.ppickings.com/, scroll to Sheffield's section and click on the "free book" link. This month's code is 9991264.

Quote:
Includes the NEBULA- & HUGO-winning title novelette.

A collection of some of the finest short stories penned by a master of hard science fiction, this anthology includes Charles Sheffield’s highly acclaimed novelette, Georgia On My Mind.

Georgia On My Mind won both the Hugo and Nebula when originally published in 1993. The accompanying stories were written by the author between 1987 and 1994.

“Sheffield, a physicist, proves to be one of the most imaginative, exciting talents to appear on the SF scene in recent years.”—Publishers Weekly
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I have some of his stories from Fictionwise and have enjoyed them.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Has anyone received the new book? I keep getting last month's book when I try.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #6
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I got it.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #7
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

Yes, I got it.

BTW, I have everything from Sheffield that is available from Fictionwise, so I probably have the stories already. In my opinion, "Georgia on my mind" fully deserves its Hugo and Nebula and I strongly recommend it.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Bizarre. I just tried it again and still got the Attansio page.

I finally did a force refresh on every step and managed to get the new book!.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote