Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Irving, Washington: The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow. v1. 13 July 07

Ok - here's a nice good novella for the restless amongst us.

This is about a man who has a hollow brain, but he's a legend in his own time, and keeps falling asleep in class when he's not picking his......WHOA! WRONG PLOT!

We all know this one, don't we??? If not, a remedial English Literature class is in order!

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Irving, Washington - The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.lrf (53.5 KB, 1697 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm ashamed to admit that I've never heard of it. Perhaps it's an American lit. thing?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I should have said "..an American Lit. class."

...to actually be specific. I was referring to English as a language, rather than as a type of literature referring to Great Britain.

Washington Irving's story is actually about a man named Ichabod Crane. (Irving also wrote the short story, "Rip Van Winkle.")

Anyway, Ichabod later on the story is pursued by the Headless Horseman, so it's a kind of ghost story. I remember having read this as a kid and also seeing adaptations and being scared and fascinated at the same time.

Washington Irving is one our treasures here in the USA. He was an early writer of fiction here.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm ashamed to admit that I've never heard of it. Perhaps it's an American lit. thing?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote