Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #211
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
OK. So we found a source of problem. Exit code of your unrar binary is 7 and it should be 0.

Get newest UnRar for Windows: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrarw32.exe
This version is returning 0 on my computer. Not expected that older versions return other value.

Anyway that is a bug. And it will be fixed in next release.
Now all is working fine!! Thank you very much AcidWeb!
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 AM   #212
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
3.1 has been released!
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #213
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
3.1 has been released!
Thank you very much Ciro for this update!
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #214
laudaisoi
laudaisoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I got a message error when program made epub file
Code:
Creating EPUB structure...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Sync\New Tools\kcc-master\kcc\comic2ebook.py", line 853, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "D:\Sync\New Tools\kcc-master\kcc\comic2ebook.py", line 759, in main
    genEpubStruct(path)
  File "D:\Sync\New Tools\kcc-master\kcc\comic2ebook.py", line 458, in genEpubSt
ruct
    sanitizeTree(os.path.join(path, 'OEBPS', 'Images'))
  File "D:\Sync\New Tools\kcc-master\kcc\comic2ebook.py", line 663, in sanitizeT
ree
    os.rename(os.path.join(root, name), os.path.join(root, slugify(name)))
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied
My computer uses Windows7 Pro x64 + Python 2.7 32bit + Pillow 32bit

Last edited by laudaisoi; 08-01-2013 at 04:15 PM.
laudaisoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #215
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
For some reason KCC can't access one of directories. Check your permissions.

You converting bare files or CBZ/CBR?

Last edited by AcidWeb; 08-01-2013 at 04:24 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #216
laudaisoi

Quote:
For some reason KCC can't access source files. Check your permissions.

You converting bare files or CBZ/CBR?
Just a folder that contains a lot of manga chapters. When I tried with 30 chapters, program generated successful .mobi file but more than got above error message.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #217
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amount of directories don't matter. There is something wrong with one of directories there. But it is strange considering that KCC before conversion try to set proper permissions on all files and directories.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #218
laudaisoi

Quote:
Amount of directories don't matter. There is something wrong with one of directories there. But it is strange considering that KCC before conversion try to set proper permissions on all files and directories.
I just tried to made mobi for each chapter manga, and program ran successfully. I don't think that permission is the reason of error.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #219
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudaisoi View Post
I just tried to made mobi for each chapter manga, and program ran successfully. I don't think that permission is the reason of error.
Permissions are only possible cause because it crash due to lack of them. Only problem is a fact that I don't have slightest idea why it lack any of them.

I conducted tests with tens of thousands of directories at once - there is no limit there.

EDIT:
I think I found the cause. Please provide names of all directories you try to convert.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 08-01-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #220
laudaisoi

Quote:
Permissions are only possible cause because it crash due to lack of them. Only problem is a fact that I don't have slightest idea why it lack any of them.

I conducted tests with tens of thousands of directories at once - there is no limit there.

EDIT:
I think I found the cause. Please provide names of all directories you try to convert.
Main folder "Kid Gang", sub folders from "001" to "050" and file name from "001" to "xxx".jpg/png
Old 08-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #221
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudaisoi View Post
Main folder "Kid Gang" and sub folders from "001" to "050"
OK. Then - no. I found other bug :-P
Old 08-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #222
relaxedmuscle
relaxedmuscle began at the beginning.

I'm stumped on this one. I keep getting the same error when converting a folder of of .jpg images to a mobi file.

Error during conversion C:...
One of workers crashed. Cause: Image file is truncated (13 bytes not processed)

Any help is appreciated.
relaxedmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #223
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

One of images is damaged and it slipped automatic detection.

EDIT:
Yep. Confirmed. One of corruption type is not caught properly by KCC. I will try to fix it.
You still need to find and replace broken image.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 08-10-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #224
mfp12
mfp12 began at the beginning.

This program is awesome. Finally I'm able to enjoy reading comics on my kpw. Thanks.

Just one enhancement request: can we have an option to disable auto cropping but keep all the other optimization (like words darkening)? Almost 100% case I need to enable optimization to make words readable, but auto cropping sometime cause distortion, especially with comic like Sin City with large block of black or white background.

Thanks.
mfp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #225
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm glad you like it.

Please send me PM with some of images that are damaged by crop. I like to see them.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools