Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #16
peagreen
peagreen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch
I gather we're all agreed that navigation on the Nook simple touch is a pain.
What e-reader has a good navigation system - more or less the way I see the folders and files when I connect an SD card to my computer?
peagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #17
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by peagreen View Post
I never agreed to this.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
Yeah, I didn't agree to that either. Its pretty quick and simple for me to access or find any of the books on my device. The only thing that would be nice is being able to access the content behind the nook firewall of user inaccessible content when you look at "My Files".

Another way of saying, B&N, give me my 750MB back and let me put whatever I want in there.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #19
peagreen
peagreen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch
I apologise.
I shall have to spend more time with the userguide and reading up on the finer points of shelf organisation because I do find it difficult to find a particular book and I don't have more than one percent of my SD card in use yet.
peagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
What e-reader has a good navigation system - more or less the way I see the folders and files when I connect an SD card to my computer?
I was researching this yesterday, and it seems the Pocketbook 360 is one of the few that can do this.

If the Nook ST had this kind of organization, I would get one. But it doesn't, so I won't.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #21
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
If you select "My Files" view in the library on your simple touch, it brings up a folder level view of main memory or your SD card. Navigate from there just like you would viewing the folders on your computer.

For shelves, you will be dissapointed, because if you reboot your nook ST (and some report simply connecting to a computer) will wipe any books stored on your SD card off of the shelves they were loaded in to. The shelves will still be there and the books are still on the SD card, but they'll be lost from the shelf (and issue I hope BN is working on fixing!)
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
For shelves, you will be dissapointed, because if you reboot your nook ST (and some report simply connecting to a computer) will wipe any books stored on your SD card off of the shelves they were loaded in to. The shelves will still be there and the books are still on the SD card, but they'll be lost from the shelf (and issue I hope BN is working on fixing!)
Yeah, this is my only problem with the Nook; although I've never had SD card books dropped from the shelf upon connecting to a computer, they do disappear after a reboot.

However, I turn off/reboot the Nook so seldom it's not a constant issue. It's just a pain those once-in-a-while times that a reboot is necessary.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #23
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
Peagreen; I agree. the Nook organization system is a total FAIL for me. However, I love it like a 3rd child and wouldn't give it up.

Quote:
I apologise.
I shall have to spend more time with the userguide and reading up on the finer points of shelf organisation because I do find it difficult to find a particular book and I don't have more than one percent of my SD card in use yet.
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote