Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Pselus
Pselus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Calibre says memory card is full when it isn't.

I opened a bug here:
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/8912
but I was hoping that someone else knew a workaround to this since I don't know how long I would have to wait for a bug fix.
Basically, Calibre says my 2gig miniSD card in my Nook is full when in reality I have 1.92 gigs free.
Anyone seen this before?
Pselus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What format is the card using? If it is FAT-16 then only a limited number of entries are allowed at the root level for files and/or folders. This restriction does not apply for files/folders that are not at the root level.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pselus View Post
I don't know how long I would have to wait for a bug fix.
No bug fix required because this is not a calibre error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pselus View Post
Basically, Calibre says my 2gig miniSD card in my Nook is full when in reality I have 1.92 gigs free.
Your operating system is reporting your SD card full. It is a limitation of being formatted with FAT16. With FAT16 you can only have so many files in the root directory. Backup your SD card then reformat your SD card using FAT32 and you will be fine.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote