Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
iPad vs Kindle vs Color Nook comparison

Here's a good article comparing the pros and cons
http://ireaderreview.com/2010/12/13/...ng-experience/
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
for a kindle website, I find the person to be somewhat fair..

though I don't see how the kindle reading software can be better than the reading software of the nook color or even the iPad. there is alot of reading functionality and features that the nook color has that just can't be done with eink and even on features such as highlighting and such, there is no way using a directional key pad is better than a touchscreen. Also shopping for books. the nook color is THE best shopping app I
ve come acrossed. This is just a fantastic App, shopping on the kindle device just can not compare.
so I think the person was way off base with the reading software.

but overall for a Kindle fan site it's not half bad.

Last edited by boswd; 12-14-2010 at 05:21 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
If I didn't have the Nook Color, I'd have the Kindle 3 again. I would never purchase Apple products.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
for a kindle website, I find the person to be somewhat fair..

though I don't see how the kindle reading software can be better than the reading software of the nook color or even the iPad. there is alot of reading functionality and features that the nook color has that just can't be done with eink and even on features such as highlighting and such, there is no way using a directional key pad is better than a touchscreen. Also shopping for books. the nook color is THE best shopping app I
ve come acrossed. This is just a fantastic App, shopping on the kindle device just can not compare.
so I think the person was way off base with the reading software.

but overall for a Kindle fan site it's not half bad.
I interpreted what he said as the software available for other devices: Kindle for Android, Kindle for PC, etc. -- not the hardware (eink, key pad, etc.) you mention.
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bic View Post
I interpreted what he said as the software available for other devices: Kindle for Android, Kindle for PC, etc. -- not the hardware (eink, key pad, etc.) you mention.
yeah but even then the apps the kindle app just from a full on experience isn't better than the nook app

the nook app for android and iOS (apple) offers more options, more font styles, I think more background styles, and has page turning animations and the page scroll tab, shows yoru front book cover and others I'm sure I'm missing.

the kindle app is rather plain jane kind of lame actually. the nook app is a better overall experience it has much more polished well executed layout.

Last edited by boswd; 12-15-2010 at 11:02 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
yeah but even then the apps the kindle app just from a full on experience isn't better than the nook app

the nook app for android and iOS (apple) offers more options, more font styles, I think more background styles, and has page turning animations and the page scroll tab, shows yoru front book cover and others I'm sure I'm missing.

the kindle app is rather plain jane kind of lame actually. the nook app is a better overall experience it has much more polished well executed layout.
I agree. Having the Kindle app on my rooted NOOKcolor has been underwhelming, in fact I'm downright disappointed. It's like the attitude is, "You want eReader features? Buy a Kindle or just use your Kindle". The NOOK app on my Windows Mobile phone is crammed with features. It's awesome!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote