Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
TheOnebalance
TheOnebalance began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch
My device is detected but so is something else!

For some reason Calibre is detecting a device called "main" when I start the program - so when I connect my Nook I have to disconnect main before I can access my Nook.

Can anyone shed any light on what Main is and how to stop it connecting please?

thanks

Chris
TheOnebalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
With my Bookeen Orizon, Main is the integrated 2GB storage, and Card A is the microSD card. Maybe that's the same for your Nook? Never had one of those.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at the bottom line of the main window to see which device is connected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
TheOnebalance
TheOnebalance began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch
thanks Aleyx- I'd spotted that they are separate but problem not that - I'm sure it's something even simpler :-).

kovidgoyal - thank you that gave me the clue I needed. I had been trying to connect Calibre up to a NAS - either with the library on the NAS or the books and the library - I know the documentation says don't but needing to share a library between two computers it's the only practical answer and the documentation was correct it was a disaster and any time the NAS doesn't respond quickly enough it simply loses books or leaves a 0 bytes file behind - but during the process I had altered the connect at startup folder. Suffice to say that my experiments led to a complete mess and a brand new library with a new connect at start up folder.

Turns out that the connect at startup folder was what was showing as the main device (but not all the books in the library for some reason) and having reset that tweak I'm off and running again.

Thanks

Last edited by TheOnebalance; 06-09-2014 at 03:44 PM.
TheOnebalance is offline   Reply With Quote