Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
exreader
exanimate ex post facto
exreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I really can't see this having anything to do with the forum changes.

What is the "main page"? You mean the home page? That pages hasn't changed at all.

BOb
i mean https://www.mobileread.com/ in particular, but in general, i'm assuming a session state/cookie issue that changed more globally. i've seen this occur in other websites from time to time. never here though.

ex
exreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #17
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Let me start by saying I love MobileRead, I'm always telling people to visit here. The new forum structure makes it easy to find a forum and easier to search.

However, it makes it impossible to browse. I don't come by every day, and the ~7500 threads in the Sony forum (277 pages) are unmanageable. I used to like to browse the new posts on reader accessories and see if someone had found a cute new case. Now those are just part of an unending stream of threads. The top page is all threads with new comments today. Removing all the sub-forums (sub-fora?) makes it harder to see topical things without paging through screen after screen of new entries.

I like getting both Sony halves back together, but it was at a significant cost.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSaunders View Post
However, it makes it impossible to browse. I don't come by every day, and the ~7500 threads in the Sony forum (277 pages) are unmanageable. I used to like to browse the new posts on reader accessories and see if someone had found a cute new case. Now those are just part of an unending stream of threads. The top page is all threads with new comments today. Removing all the sub-forums (sub-fora?) makes it harder to see topical things without paging through screen after screen of new entries.
We understand where you are coming from. However, if you had looked at all the threads you will see that there were many threads on accessories and content and troubleshooting in the main thread... so you were missing those.

We can hope that people will start to use the prefixes for device specific topics. You can filter to show only threads with no prefix which are more likely to apply to all devices and be threads on accessories or content or the like.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:52 AM   #19
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Keep up the good work.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSaunders View Post
Let me start by saying I love MobileRead, I'm always telling people to visit here. The new forum structure makes it easy to find a forum and easier to search.

I like getting both Sony halves back together, but it was at a significant cost.
Try filtering by using the options on the menu ... that should cut down the ones you need to look at as a routine ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #21
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
Just a lil FYI in the sony forum. When I try the 505 filter, I get zero results. It looks like the 505 threads did not get tagged.
thafrogggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:33 AM   #22
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by thafrogggg View Post
Just a lil FYI in the sony forum. When I try the 505 filter, I get zero results. It looks like the 505 threads did not get tagged.
It is possible _ with a lot of threads pre-change; little time to adjust accordingly ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thafrogggg View Post
That's correct. Because the old section was 500/505... so there was no way to tag them correctly. Also, many of those threads apply to the new devices too.

If you want any pre-reorg threads tagged... just report them and we can add the tags.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote