Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Suddenly there comes out a small and strang sound from my device..

I used DR800SG for a couple of weeks and until yesterday it was totally quiet and brought about no noise. But today it began to give off a small and strange sound("tic") inside whenever I turn page. It comes out from around the power switch.
Is there someone who has experienced this? Not only it bothers me when reading but also I wonder if there is some kind of problem in the device.
How could I solve it?
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #2
akey
akey began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ...
Sounds like a hardware problem. The only place to go in situations like this is either where you bought it from or the manufacturer for warranty service.
akey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
There was an earlier posting on noises coming from the DR800 on page turning. There does seem to be a noise but in normal use it is inaudible. If you put your ear to the back of the unit when turning a page you can hear something but in normal reading it is so quiet that you don't notice it, (of course, once you are aware of it you are more likely to notice it!)

Is the noise you are getting something different/louder from this?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
I get this noise too. It sounds like a dulled down 'ting' the same as you would get from, say, a pin hitting a wine glass. Not 100 % sure but I think I noticed it soon after the beta upgrade. I only notice it when there is no other background noise, eg. computer fan etc.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
There has been a noise since before V2, but I don't know if it's louder now - I haven't put my ear to the back of the unit for a while!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
My case seems like Drop Bear's. And it sounds too when I don't put my ear to the device but I couldn't hear it until yesterday so I was somewhat surprised with it today. Maybe the loudness of the noise seems different by cases. The next firmware can't solve it? I wish so if possible..
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Mine has always had a slight noise to it. It's barely noticeable unless I'm listening for it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Mine has always had a slight noise to it. It's barely noticeable unless I'm listening for it.
Same here. Haven't even updated yet. It's only when turning pages and really barely noticeable.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote