Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Adding icons to columns

I just updated to 9.17. The new feature that intrigues me is the ability to add an icon to a column. Is it ever given anywhere what the specifications for that icon must be? (size, file type).

Will calibre ever offer a library of possible icons?

also, does anyone ever use the help file I created? is it worth while adding this feature to the help file?

Thanks.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I just updated to 9.17. The new feature that intrigues me is the ability to add an icon to a column. Is it ever given anywhere what the specifications for that icon must be? (size, file type).
You must use an image file type listed in the list of extensions when you click add icon. The image should be square or in landscape to avoid alignment issues. Calibre resizes the icon to 128 x128, so it is best if the image is at least that big.
Quote:
Will calibre ever offer a library of possible icons?
"Ever" is a long time. That said, I suspect that building such a library is not anyone's priority.
Quote:
also, does anyone ever use the help file I created? is it worth while adding this feature to the help file?

Thanks.
Don't know, but I suspect the answer is yes.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just been playing with it (added Baen logo to Bujold titles, added tree-and-dragon image to Liaden titles) and that is now officially cool.

The Baen logo is smaller than specified, but only comes out looking like a redish-orange circle. The Tree and Dragon image is a bit larger than specified (150x150) and is still a bit more complex than is readily visible. I can see that proper icon design will be a matter of art.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
does anyone ever use the help file I created? is it worth while adding this feature to the help file?
Your help file is linked from the New to calibre? Start Here sticky post so I'm sure it is used. I'm positive folks would appreciate you keeping it up to date.

Thanks for all the work you've done.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard

Yeah, that's mine. I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but I will add the adding icons to a column as soon as I can - that's such a cool feature!
Advert