Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #31
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Yes, as well as the SDcard.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #32
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
KO80 is the device, however, when mine is mounted, the computer just sees it as Drive K. The letter doesn't stand for Kobo, it's the port designation, plug it in elsewhere and the Drive letter changes.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #33
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Yes, as well as the SDcard.
What happens when you remove the SD Card? I am wondering if it is a Calibre driver thing, at this point. Maybe they didn't allow for their being an SD Card. Glad that updating your USB port drivers fixed part of the problem.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #34
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes...My device is on the E drive and the card on F. The DVD drive is D.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #35
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From what I can tell, Kovid had at one point said he would add a generic / basic driver for the Vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm, seems a rather poorly designed device. I'll just create a generic driver for it that will put all epub/pdf/txt files into /sdcard/ebooks.

One final question: can the Kobo reading app import books from /sdcard/ebooks and subfolders of it?

I don't think this has happened yet. I checked the source and see no sign of a driver customized for the Vox.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #36
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Of course he said that pre-release, and as he is in Mumbai at the moment, he probably has never held one in his hand. My Vox is recognized as an Android Phone. Kovo listed a driver for the Vox in the latest update--so I figured that this was the generic driver he spoke about. If Tim Legge gets a Vox (and Kobo should send him one), he may be able to do more. He has done all (or most of) the work on the Kobo driver for the eINK devices.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #37
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sure enough.. the Android driver SHOULD be detecting it.

Cdesja5 any chance you have that driver disabled in Calibre?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #38
Cdesja5
Wizard

No deactivated drivers in Calibre and I also tried without the sd card. Time for bed! 5 am comes awfully fast! Tomorrow may bring the answer. I'm not that worried about a quick resolution because I load my books using the server anyway. TTFN
Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #39
Moketa
Moketa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Thanks to all that helped,finally got it working!
Moketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #40
Cdesja5
Wizard

Me too! Still doesn't detect the SD card though, only the Vox itself.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #41
taming
Trying for calm & polite

That sounds like the Calibre driver that is in use was not designed to accommodate an SD card. Kovid or Tim will have to take a look at it.