Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Also see this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Digest authentication is broken on Android. Turn off the password in the content server if you want to use it with an android device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I just noticed Calibre 0.8.25 is out updated to work with VOX
That was fast! The Calibre team is outstanding!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welll...maybe I spoke too soon. Plugged in my Vox and nothing was detected by Calibre...Have asked them to re-open ticket.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #19
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Welll...maybe I spoke too soon. Plugged in my Vox and nothing was detected by Calibre...Have asked them to re-open ticket.
THIS WAS THE WRONG ANSWER SO I DELETED IT

Last edited by taming; 11-06-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: grammar
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Taming; you CAN have two or more devices; only ONE plugged in at a time.

The only thing set at Calibre installation time is a default output profile, and the main use for this is downloads of recipes. You can change that default in Preferences | Common Options | Page Setup by selecting the new default and then Apply.
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Taming; you CAN have two or more devices; only ONE plugged in at a time.

The only thing set at Calibre installation time is a default output profile, and the main use for this is downloads of recipes. You can change that default in Preferences | Common Options | Page Setup by selecting the new default and then Apply.
Thanks. It was true at one time, at least I think it was. I fixed my answer to reflect the real deal
Old 11-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
Cdesja5
Wizard

Only time the wired connection problem would bother me is if the net was down...just doing my civic duty following up with Calibre
Old 11-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #23
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I plugged in/mounted my Vox over USB. Calibre (freshly updated) was already open. The Vox showed up as a device: specifically a Connected Android phone. I sent a book to main memory and then imported it into Kobo, the way we normally would do that.

I did something similar with Aldiko. I opened Aldiko. "Home", clicked on "SD Card", then "ebooks" then "import". It loaded the book into Aldiko.

EDIT: Did it again, the steps are now right.

Last edited by taming; 11-06-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #24
Cdesja5
Wizard

Will try again! I re-ran the welcome wizard and chose Android tablet as my device...still not showing up when I plug it in!!! Reran welcome wizard and chose Kobo reader as my device...still not showing up when I plug it in! What kind of operating system is your computer running on? Mine is Windows 7 64-bit... I think I will download the Calibre update again to see what that does.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-06-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #25
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I am running Windows 7 64 bit as well. I did not create a new profile, btw, or change devices--it just worked.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #26
Cdesja5
Wizard

No luck, both computer and calibre NOT detecting Vox when I plug it in. Will wait to see what Calibre team has to say...
Old 11-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #27
taming
Trying for calm & polite

You are mounting it, right--the whole turn on USB storage screen thing. Try another USB port or another USB cord, or both. If your computer doesn't see the Vox, it may be something like that.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #28
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Unless your PC recognizes the Vox being plugged in via USB, there is NO way for Calibre to detect it.

All Calibre does is when it detects a new USB device being recognized by the operating system, is to retrieve the various ID's exchanged via USB that detect the Manufacture / Version / Device etc. It matches those up to it's internal database to see what type of device it is.

Again though, this ALL depends on the operating system recognizing that a USB device HAS been attached...
Old 11-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #29
Cdesja5
Wizard

I ran a device debug and calibre did not recognize even after I updated the driver in Windows. Just sent it off to them to see what they can do as now my computer detects the Vox as a "K080" so that's no longer the problem.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #30
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

But does Windows see the Kobo as a disk drive?