Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #466
Salah
Salah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
why is this app so hard to setup ?
the install guide is not that clear , please we need a tutorial, an easy one
thanks
Salah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:02 AM   #467
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
It's so hard to setup because of the level of knowledge needed. I don't earn money with this, it is just a publication of code I've written. I don't have time nor motivation to do tutorials for software in such an early development stage, sorry. If I had the time at hand, I'd rather fix lingering bugs in the code (I'm 100% positive there are some).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:06 AM   #468
dfect
dfect began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
/me scratches his head. I think the "home" key is intended to quit the app. (looks at code...) Yes, it is. Doesn't that work?
Yes, I can see that line in config.lua but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I tried pressing it multiple times (the button works in normal kindle mode, outside kindlevncviewer). I always have to kill the process via telnet.

Is there some way to debug?
dfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #469
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Hm. For a start, just inserting a "print(...)" (that ... being a variable worth inspecting or just a debug "string") in the relevant part of the code could give more information. Unfortunately, I don't have a kindle anymore which has buttons.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, kindle, source, viewer, vnc