Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you pre-order the Plastic Logic QUE?
Yes! I pre-ordered a QUE! 1 1.61%
No way am I ordering a QUE! 32 51.61%
I'll wait to see some reviews before I order. 18 29.03%
I'll wait untill I can see them in stores before I decide. 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Anyone pre-order the Plastic Logic QUE?

I was going to order a Que so that I could do a thorough review of it, but I couldn't find anything about the return policy on their website. So I sent them an email and they responded saying it has a 30-day return policy, but has a 15% restocking fee if opened.

Wow! What a kick in the que hole!

That's $97.35 for the 4GB model and $119.85 for the 8GB, plus return shipping.

Considering all the unknowns about the Que, and the fact that you can't go to any store and try it out first, that seems more than excessive in my opinion.

They say they'll have them in B&N stores sometime "later" in 2010. Who knows when that'll be, but for now I can certainly say I'm not going to be one of the first to take a $100 gamble on such an unknown device.

How 'bout you?

Last edited by The-eBook-Reader; 01-12-2010 at 10:01 PM.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Nope not me, not until I can see it in person or know a lot more about it from reviews, users.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
random50
Connoisseur
random50 doesn't litterrandom50 doesn't litter

Device: None yet
I was very interested. I still am a bit. But the demos raised concerns that completely put me off pre-ordering. Really, I need something yesterday. Having to wait until April plus however many weeks it slips from that date plus however long it takes to get into the stores to see whether the concerns I have are unfounded...no, I don't think so.
random50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
I was going to order a Que so that I could do a thorough review of it, but I couldn't find anything about the return policy on their website. So I sent them an email and they responded saying it has a 30-day return policy, but has a 15% restocking fee if opened.

Wow! What a kick in the que hole!

That's $97.35 for the 4GB model and $119.85 for the 8GB, plus return shipping.

Considering all the unknowns about the Que, and the fact that you can't go to any store and try it out first, that seems more than excessive in my opinion.

They say they'll have them in B&N stores sometime "later" in 2010. Who knows when that'll be, but for now I can certainly say I'm not going to be one of the first to take a $100 gamble on such an unknown device.

How 'bout you?
How can you get those price?

http://buyque.barnesandnoble.com/specifications/

They are 649$ and 799$
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
How can you get those price?

http://buyque.barnesandnoble.com/specifications/

They are 649$ and 799$
He was quoting the restocking fees, not the device price. That's what you're out if you try the Que and decide you don't like it and return it.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I would prefer Sony. So, I am waiting...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I love the concept but I'm not paying over $600 for a device in a field that is changing so rapidly.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
I'm waiting until I can get some confirmed details on exactly how interactive it will be with the Blackberry. They mention being able to transfer files via Bluetooth, but that's all it says. The more tightly tied to a cable it is, the less interested I am.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
transfer of emails and attachments from a blackberry is wireless. they said they/third parties will be working on aps for other phones as well.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Can't wait to play with one at B&N.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
It seems they left of the SDHC card reader, that is a deal breaker for me. It is also much more expensive than I anticipated. You can purchase two really nice netbooks for the price they are charging for the Que.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
It seems they left of the SDHC card reader, that is a deal breaker for me. It is also much more expensive than I anticipated. You can purchase two really nice netbooks for the price they are charging for the Que.
I can get over the SD card reader if I can use my Blackberry for storage. The netbooks would be a waste of money for me.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
The market for the Que and netbook are completely different. I know I would never want a netbook. Now, if you compared it with a tablet, it would be different. In that case, I'd go for the tablet myself. From what I've seen, it's geared so much to the executives, that I don't see myself using it.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I really wanted one of these a year and half ago. Not so much now.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #15
osama_jamal
"eBook Addict!"
osama_jamal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I just don't understand why the QUE took so long to be released. They spent far too much time in R&D that they lost the market and raised the price so much!!

I think the enTourage EdGe is a much better investment. It has everything the QUE can do and costs 50% of the QUE-Money.
I just wish Sony would release an A4 Reader. Then, that would be my choice and the last eBook reader I'd buy!
osama_jamal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plastic logic que