Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
ron_harvey
ron_harvey began at the beginning.

Device: Xoom
Why must Calibre account for every file on my device?

Hi,

I don't see the reason why Calibre "MUST" account for every file on my device. Why not let this be an option, i.e. using Calibre on my Xoom is a one-way relationship from Windows/Calibre to Xoom? I have THOUSANDS of mp3 files on my device; why on earth should Calibre even try to find these files? I JUST WANT IT TO MANAGE MY BOOKS!

I am SO frustrated trying to get some SANE way to get my ENTIRE Calibre library onto my Xoom tablet. This is proving impossible, since Leger Calibre no longer seems to work (the ONLY Android app that uses Calibre metadata files).

So unhappy....

Ron
ron_harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_harvey View Post
I am SO frustrated trying to get some SANE way to get my ENTIRE Calibre library onto my Xoom tablet. This is proving impossible, since Leger Calibre no longer seems to work (the ONLY Android app that uses Calibre metadata files).
Try Calibre Companion (wireless connection required) app found in the Play store. This app will connect fast and will allow you access to all of the metadata you have in calibre.

One caveat is it can take some time to send a ton of books. The last time I connected and had to update all 10000+ books it took a couple of hours (mostly because I was also streaming video from the same PC). The good news is this is a one time event. Once all of the books are on my device, subsequent connections take 20 seconds and all metadata for the books on my device is updated upon every connection.

I keep my tablet in sync with my computer by using the Smart Eject plugin which will show me all of the books in my library that are not on my device, I then select them all and send them to my device. Very simple way of ensuring everything is synced up.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-20-2013 at 12:15 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
You replied to a thread that was a year old. Moved post to its own thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I share your frustration at the file scanning. I agree with DoctorOhh's solution - Calibre Companion works great with both my old and new Nexus 7.

@DoctorOhh, I didn't know about the Smart Eject plugin - I'll have to check it out.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote