Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Date for added books defaults to 01 Jan 0101?

When I add a book using the menu button, the date automatically goes to 01 Jan 0101. It first started happening yesterday while I was using 0.8.45. So I updated to the latest version (0.8.46) and it is still like that. I am pretty sure that it was working normally -- defaulting to the current date -- just a few days ago while I was on 0.8.45. I don't know what happened to change the behavior. I looked in preferences but can find no setting for the date. I am perplexed.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
When I add a book using the menu button, the date automatically goes to 01 Jan 0101. It first started happening yesterday while I was using 0.8.45. So I updated to the latest version (0.8.46) and it is still like that. I am pretty sure that it was working normally -- defaulting to the current date -- just a few days ago while I was on 0.8.45. I don't know what happened to change the behavior. I looked in preferences but can find no setting for the date. I am perplexed.
that is the <null> date value.
Is your computer clock/calander correct (a weak battery will have lost the date and other settings on power up. 5 years is about time to replace the button battery)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi ducks, yes the time/date on my laptop is correct. It is the first thing I checked. And it's only 2 years old so I doubt it's the battery. Besides, it's been plugged in continuously for the last few days. I mostly use it with AC power.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gremlins?
Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run calibre in debug mode, you might get some useful output.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
PatNY
Zennist

I solved the issue.

First I ran a debug but there was nothing in the log that suggested an issue. It merely said the book was added in 1.4xxxxxxxx seconds!

Hmmm, so I thought maybe there was something in the source book files themselves. These were a group of books a friend of mine had given to me. So I added from another totally separate group of books as a test and, sure enough, the date was correct, so obviously the source files were the issue. Upon further testing, it appears the issue is in the OPF file that came with each of those books. It had this line in it:

<meta content="0101-01-01T10:00:00+00:00" name="calibre:timestamp"/>

So, no problem. I will just pay closer attention to source files in the future when I add books and manually change the "date added" to the current date if necessary.

Thanks to ducks and Kovid for your help.

Last edited by PatNY; 04-09-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

You could delete that line before adding, I believe Calibre will correct the missing item
Old 04-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
PatNY
Zennist

ducks, it will take me longer to edit the OPF file than to simply change the date once a book is imported. Takes less than 30 seconds to change the date. I just have to be careful to check the date in the future for added books as it's something I normally don't look at. I had assumed the current date would always be used.