Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur
KlausRegenbrecht began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Calibre Server freezes since newest update

I use Calibre since 5 weeks with my SONY PRS-T1 (newest firmware) and it runs fine, i utilized the server the whole time without any problem. Since the newest version 08.30 the server freezes in many cases and the PC too. So i restart my computer every time and after some trials i will get a download.
The log of today see attached file, usually an error nonuniquenameexception is shown.
Klaus
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre_server.txt (2.8 KB, 219 views)
KlausRegenbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to the server in 0.8.30, but feel free to downgrade calibre, old releases are available from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/

Though if your PC is freezing, the problem is with your PC, most likely an antivirus program.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There have been no changes to the server in 0.8.30, but feel free to downgrade calibre, old releases are available from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/

Though if your PC is freezing, the problem is with your PC, most likely an antivirus program.
Thank you for the quick answer, AVIRA is running on my system since years, but i switched of AVIRA for a unsuccessful test.

If there was no change to the server, was there any change to T1 Plugin?

Could you please be so kind and have a look to the txt file, with the error.log?

Klaus
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre_server.txt (2.8 KB, 224 views)
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The T1 plugin has no bearing on the server and your error dump shows no actual errors (the traceback is for the zeroconf service, which also doesn't affect the server)
Old 12-14-2011, 03:53 AM   #5
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
The T1 plugin has no bearing on the server and your error dump shows no actual errors (the traceback is for the zeroconf service, which also doesn't affect the server)
The last message of the log was NonUniqueNameException?

Is there no hint possible to get the system running again?

Klaus
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 04:46 AM   #6
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:

Now i downgraded and after now change with the problem i upgraded again.
I can serve on the T1 in the calibre server fast and without any problem, until i start a download. Some of the downloads work very fast but mostly calibre and the pc freezes?

Klaus

Please apologize my poor english
Old 12-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You have to figure out why your PC is freezing. calibre contains no kernel mode code, therefore it cannot cause your PC to freeze.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:58 AM   #8
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
You have to figure out why your PC is freezing. calibre contains no kernel mode code, therefore it cannot cause your PC to freeze.
Thank you for patience, can you explain me what nonuniquenameexception in the log means?
Is it possible, that the problem occurs with a corrupt data base in calibre?

Klaus
Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #9
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

problem only aris with recipes

Quote:
Now an other test, i can visite calibre server with T1 and download books without any problems. As soon as i start downloading epubs made of recipes (Sueddeutsche, FAZ, Spiegel etc.) the problem initiate.

Klaus
Old 12-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
After a long way i found the problem, anyhow the MTU changed to 1500, but my router only can handle 1492.

Thank you for your patience

Klaus
Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad you got it working
Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
Glad you got it working
Sorry but the server was working just for a moment!

Now i started calibre-server.exe with --develop and got the message you can see at the file attached.

If i start the server.exe at our laptop (lan-cable) with the path --with-library z:\BUCH\CALIBRE, i can download the newspapers from my PC.

hopefully that help is possible

Klaus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibr_exe_error.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	80015  
Old 12-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You've got some networking issues, there isn't anything wrong at the calibre level
Old 12-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #14
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
You've got some networking issues, there isn't anything wrong at the calibre level
Yes, when i reset TCP/IP or winsock, AVIRA get's a problem and the (ore some) services are stopping. At that moment i can download from calibre server. When i do a repair installation, AVIRA is running again, but the server crashes!

Klaus
Old 12-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #15
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur

Still calibre-server with PRS-T1 crashes

Quote:
My xp system is running very stable, but since some days there is a problem running calibre server, CALIBRE itsself is working fine!

I tested out all things i discovered, but no result. Three days ago i started repairing the complete system, every runs fine again, but calibre-server.

Now i checked out the network completely, but there was no error to find!

I can send large files criss-cross in the network, i didn't find any trick to occur a crash.

All the test with calibre-server works fine, but if i log on the server with one of my two Sony PRS-T1 i can use the page and have a look for the items, but as soon as i start a download (newspapers epub made by calibre) usually a crash follows.

Till 9th of december everything worked fine with calibre-server, at this date i got the new firmware for my PRS-T1 and the problem startet?

Is it possible, that the problem depends to the new firmware of PRS-T1?

Klaus