font-size:100%;
text-indent: 2.5%;
margin-top: 1%;
margin-left: 5%;
font-weight: normal;
margin-right: 5%;
margin-bottom: 1%;
}

This is the problemther e-readers correctly display the text as intended, whereas Sygil's Book View display many extra spaces between the lines, thus becoming useless for preview purposes. All the other properties are respected.

Maybe there's something I need to know about Sygil's behavior on Book View mode? What am I doing wrong?

mariopanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariopanz View Post
Hello there,
I am using Sygil 0.7.1 and have coded the following

<p class="myclass"> text</p>
<p class="myclass"> moretext</p>
<p class="myclass"> text</p>

and the related CSS reads

.myclass
{
text-align:right;
font-size:100%;
text-indent: 2.5%;
margin-top: 1%;
margin-left: 5%;
font-weight: normal;
margin-right: 5%;
margin-bottom: 1%;
}

This is the problemther e-readers correctly display the text as intended, whereas Sygil's Book View display many extra spaces between the lines, thus becoming useless for preview purposes. All the other properties are respected.

Maybe there's something I need to know about Sygil's behavior on Book View mode? What am I doing wrong?

Sigil is not a page viewer. It scrolls the page unlike eBooks. Percentages won't work as values since there is no height to the page. You need to use better values. How do you know how big the page is on the eBook? Margins are better set it ems rather than percentages of some unknown size page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
mariopanz
mariopanz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your help Dale, it worked nicely. I tought % referred to the size of the font being used and that the em unit, hence, was practically the same.
mariopanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Percentages in vertical margins are supposed to be referred to the element's width instead of height (so that margin-top: 5% and margin-right: 5% should be the same size). But of course, the implementation could be wrong in Sigil or in other readers.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote