Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
ktmoore
Beginner
ktmoore began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
rooted nook color not connecting to market

bought a used NookColor rooted. When I click on Market in extras, it asks me to sign in to my google account, so I put in email & password. Then it says phone needs to communicate with Google servers to set up your account. This may take up to 5 minutes. It meditates a while, then comes back with this message:
Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be temporary prob or you phone may not be provisioned for data services.

What am I doing wrong? Help!
ktmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Are you connected to wifi?
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ktmoore and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, ktmoore
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You've missed a wonderful opportunity to introduce yourself to our members here and to let us know a bit about you.

We call this forum the.....(you got it!)...the Introduce Yourself forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
ktmoore
Beginner
ktmoore began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Hi I am a sr citizen and geek of sorts...I make up for lack of knowledge with persistence and unending patience with technology. I just got my first smartphone and am learning all about that. But I am an avid fantasy/sci fi reader so my NookColor is my thrill of all time. Already have a bunch of books loaded onto it. I make a pittance of a living (great paying jobs are hard to come by for us elders) - so I work oodles of overtime to support my thirst for the latest and the greatest. lol The inability to get set up on the Google Market is making me crazy!

@afv011 "Are you connected to wifi?" Yes I am. I can go on the internet, check email, etc, but I can't get set up on Google Market.
ktmoore is offline   Reply With Quote