Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
what's better between 902 and 903 ?

I don't need the pen and the 3g ..
but I suspect that the pen is needed for easy navigation ..
can anyone do a videoreview ?
I would like to see how it works with pdf and pdf zooming,
and if it has a real internet browser..
pocketgoods do it !
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi repods,
this is something we would all like to know for sure. Some of us took a leap of faith and went for the PB903 - hopefully from next week we should start getting the reactions of the proud owners of a brand new PB902, and a little later we'll report on PB903.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
I don't need the pen and the 3g ..
but I suspect that the pen is needed for easy navigation ..
can anyone do a videoreview ?
I would like to see how it works with pdf and pdf zooming,
and if it has a real internet browser..
pocketgoods do it !
That was also my reasoning behind wanting the 903, can not see how you can easy navigate a page with lot's of links with buttons ;-) so the pen will do fine for me. Probably better then the touch of the Sony 650 also, i have rather large hands and corresponding fingers ;-) I miss-press links on a daily basis browsing on my Android Phone, and also on my Sony in small font sometimes touch one of the surrounding words instead of the one i want to look up, so a pen sounds just fine.
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
btw I'm an owner of an irex dr800 and I have to say that the pen is good for easy navigation but it is an assle if you have to use it for reading (how actually happens on dr800 when dealing with zoomed pages).
Another thing that it's good IMO about the new pocketbook units, and that I'm sure you guys didn't think about, is the wide plastic margins around the screen;
with the slim (and cool) margins of the dr800 infact you have no place where to put the fingers while reading so you end up putting them over the screen thus covering some text..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

why is it that all makers of larger sized readers put the navigation buttons on only one side? I can't just my right hand to hold things and need to use my left hand to read on my Kindle. The reason I did not buy a DX is the navigation buttons. Yes one can turn it upside down and rotate the display but then the other buttons are out of place. Plus the buttons would not be in a very useful location anyway.

So yet another device maker who misses the point that polarized devices favoring operation with only one hand are a failure for many of us potential users. Still I suppose we'll see given the touch panel might allow better use of the device with the left hand. Hope users here do not have the same blinders on as they did for the Astak crappy devices. So far it does not see to be the case, Pocketbook seems to be a far better company in dealing with users and their devices.

And I do enjoy my PB360 quite a bit and use it far more than my K2i.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert