Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
akadaedalus
Enthusiast
akadaedalus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Need to filter German ebooks

I'm having a bit of frustration with the site the last couple months. It seems that recently the ebook contributions in German outnumber English by a good amount, making it hard to browse the recent uploads.

I tried to put the principal German uploaders on my "ignore" list, but that did nothing to filter out the threads they posted. I would hope that we can create a German sub-forum, or provide a way to filter by language. If there is already a trick to doing this, please pass it on. I tried to find a post explaining how, but ended up wading through a bunch of German uploads.

Not that I'm against the Germans. I'm part German myself. I just have no mastery of the language, and if I were to find myself browsing a library or bookstore with more German books than English books, I would walk right out.
akadaedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
A filter would be a good idea - would make it easier for everyone looking in the respective language. - Maybe in the way of a second prefix, or if not possible a language suffix?
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW, I believe they are currently working on a significant reorganisation of the ebooks section, to help improve the library-browsing and searching experience. This may end up assisting with preferences such as yours. Unfortunately, I'm unsure as to when this will be released (I know the big bossman here has been very busy, though I think there are others working heavily on it).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote