Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
Wenn
Wenn is on a distinguished road

Device: Motorola DROID, Kindle 3, ColorNook
Limited Time Free Kindle / Sony ebook "Hotter After Midnight"

Author Cynthia Eden stated today (Nov. 21) on her blog that her book "Hotter Than Midnight" is being offered for FREE at Amazon from today through Nov. 23. Just be warned: there are 2 Kindle issues of this ebook since there were originally 2 releases of it in paperback form, and only 1 of them is free. Or, you can use this link to go directly to the free Kindle version at Amazon, which is:

http://www.amazon.com/Hotter-After-M...8813662&sr=1-1

(It's also offered as a free Sony ebook through Nov. 23, well. For those who prefer other ebook formats, it's supposed to be free soon for download at Barnes & Noble, but no date yet.)

"Hotter Than Midnight" is originally a paperback published via Kensington Books's Brava imprint, which specializes in "erotic romance." (Just so you know.)

From reviews & descriptions, the book is a combination of paranormal romance (involving a closet were-wolf and a human empath) and romantic suspense (the were-wolf is a police detective on a serial killer murder investigation).

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-23-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Wenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Duplicate post - see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...248#post664248
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
Wenn

Sorry, koland--I didn't mean to duplicate post. But since the previous notification for the Kindle version of "Hotter Than Midnight" is posted under a thread entitled "Sony freebies" I thought it might cause Kindle owners (or non-Sony ebook fans) to then overlook this freebie.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There have been some complaints by others when (mostly Kindle people; no doubt including me) keep starting new threads about books already being discussed.

We can ask (in the thread) a mod to change the title of a thread to reflect it is no longer Sony (or Kindle) only. Better to keep the number of threads down, so all the deals can stay in one place, than get banished to individual forums by ereader type (since then I'd miss a lot of the deals that turn out to be non-reader specific).
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I thought the name of the book was Hotter AFTER Midnight???

I like in the title that the offer states that it's "Kindle" or "Sony" freebie offer. I don't have a Kindle, and most likely that Kindle freebie wouldn't be available as a Sony freebie, so I can save time & not look at that thread.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
Wenn

Oops! bookratt, you are so totally right--the free download is "Hotter after Midnight." According to the author's website it's the 1st in the Midnight series. Next is "Midnight Sins" and then "Midnight's Master." Apparently the next 2 books faired so well, they decided to re-issue the first book as a mass market paperback. Nice touch to release the e-version of it for free at the same time!

Hey, if anyone spots this book as free from B&N, please spill the beans! I'd love to have this in PDF or ePUB format. (As of 2:44 am EST on Nov. 23 in the US, there's been no notice yet and indeed, Barnes and Noble is still *gasp!* selling this ebook.)

I don't really like the interface for PC for Kindle or the Sony elibrary thing. But since I'm a sucker for a paranormal romance, I downloaded "Hotter After Midnight" for both Kindle and Sony--I'll read them that way if need be. But I'd prefer using eReader for PDB or ADE for ePUB. Much nice software applications for PC if you ask me.... which is how I still read my ebooks as I'm waiting for a lower priced ereader device. (And waiting, and waiting, and waiting...)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:17 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread title changed, as requested.

Sony acknowledged, too - as noted by posters.

Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenn View Post
I don't really like the interface for PC for Kindle or the Sony elibrary thing. But since I'm a sucker for a paranormal romance, I downloaded "Hotter After Midnight" for both Kindle and Sony--I'll read them that way if need be. But I'd prefer using eReader for PDB or ADE for ePUB. Much nice software applications for PC if you ask me.... which is how I still read my ebooks as I'm waiting for a lower priced ereader device. (And waiting, and waiting, and waiting...)
If you wait, Sony claims you'll be able to redownload as an EPUB in December (or shortly after), when the store is "converted".

Of course, they don't say if the DRM will be generic or Sony specific, which may mean Sony Reader Epub only, not any device Epub. B&N is going to use their own version of Epub, according to their press info and web site forum, so I suspect Sony will do so as well. Both devices will support generic (ADE) epub DRM as well.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
If you wait, Sony claims you'll be able to redownload as an EPUB in December (or shortly after), when the store is "converted".

Of course, they don't say if the DRM will be generic or Sony specific, which may mean Sony Reader Epub only, not any device Epub. B&N is going to use their own version of Epub, according to their press info and web site forum, so I suspect Sony will do so as well. Both devices will support generic (ADE) epub DRM as well.
Thanks for the Sony info about the changes in December. Will check it out!

bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote