Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
abdel
abdel began at the beginning.

Device: myPC
Lightbulb I want use my PC like an eBook with Calibre !

I want use my PC like an eBook Reader with Calibre !

Hi everybody

just a suggestion with an question. Why Calibre does not offer a reader function, can have the benefits of a portable eBook reader?

Calibre have the amazing functions to convert and manage the eBook in computeur. With a reader function, it will be complete.

I have no device, i want just read my ePub or PDF file on my screen ( Windows Vista ), eye pain in less.

Tell me

NB1: I guess to an eBook reader would require to show full screen interface to control the brightness, contrast and also replace the white background with imitation paper (like an dedicated devices), but I would not no problem!

NB2: Sorry for my English I Accept an answer in French

Last edited by abdel; 12-21-2012 at 08:11 AM.
abdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
It does. Click on title, then View.

User Manual.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can also set a 'Preferences:Tweak to make the default: double-click:
Open the viewer (Which was the factory default)

Code:
ID: doubleclick_on_library_view

You can control the behavior of doubleclicks on the books list.
Choices: open_viewer, do_nothing,
edit_cell, edit_metadata. Selecting edit_metadata has the side effect of
disabling editing a field using a single click.
Default: open_viewer.
Example: doubleclick_on_library_view = 'do_nothing'
You can also control whether the book list scrolls horizontal per column or
per pixel. Default is per column.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote