Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free and bargain romance in April

Although Kindle ebooks on Amazon are easiest to discover due to the excellent search engines, I propose we expand the romance thread to romances in all formats, from all retailers. I for one am always very grateful if I get Kobo or ARe freebies or bargains pointed out!

My related question is: how does one discover Smashwords codes for romance books? I would really like to buy (or get for free) more there, but don't know of a good source for the codes.

What are your suggestions for the romance thread?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Beaumont Brides Collection (Kindle US DE) by Liz Fielding includes Wild Justice, Wild Lady, and Wild Fire, each of which were published as paperback in the 1990s.

Quote:
The Beaumont Brides trilogy charts the loves of three women – Felicity Beaumont, Claudia Beaumont and Melanie Devlin.

WILD JUSTICE
Betrayed by a lover, her career in ruins, Fizz Beaumont devotes all her energy to restoring Broomhill Bay pier, using the old theatre as the home for the radio station that is her life.
The arrival of tycoon Luke Devlin, who has taken over her major sponsor, threatens not just her radio station but -- as he offers her a lesson in passion which promises to set the skies ablaze -- everything she holds dear.

WILD LADY
With old secrets and past loves revealed, the story moves on to, Claudia who on the morning of a parachute jump for charity receives an anonymous letter warning her that she will not survive the jump.
Gabriel MacIntyre has no time for women like Claudia Beaumont. She's so beautiful that she takes his breath away and she's used to having any man she wants. Not him.
Claudia Beaumont has no time for men like Gabriel MacIntyre. Overwhelmingly arrogant, swift to leap to conclusions. He thinks he knows her, but he doesn't. And she doesn't give a damn. But when her life is threatened, Mac is the only person she can turn to for help and suddenly their bantering flirtation becomes so much more.

WILD FIRE
Melanie Devlin, tired of being treated like an airhead blonde, accepts a challenge from an old friend to prove that she’s made of sterner stuff. Within weeks she’s organising a revolution in the company she works for and falling for the dangerous, Jack Wolfe. Then Jack offers her a week in the West Indies as his pretend lover…
Jack Wolfe has no intention of letting Melanie Beaumont see how much he is attracted to her. He knows she's hiding something, and he's determined to discover the truth and a week on a tropical island is going to give him all the time he needs.
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Britomart
Guru

Love Letters, Inc. (Kindle US DE) by EC Sheedy who has two books published with Kensington. This book, according to the author, was formerly published as Summer Love.

Quote:
LOVE LETTERS, INC.
Previously published as Summer Love.

When I wrote this book, I wanted to write about a smart, funny, capable woman who’s decided—and determined—to make ¬motherhood her career. Enter Rosie O’Hanlon. Rosie wants kids. Lots of kids. And she wants a man who’ll value home, hearth, and a horde of happy children as much as she does. But, hey, this is the 21st century, full-throttle motherhood can be a tough sell at the best of times, and right now she’s sidelined by a neck brace due to some recent surgery. She intends to kick start her search for the ideal father figure the minute the brace comes off.

By day Rosie is a technical writer, by night she’s an ink-stained scribe who pens old-fashioned love letters for the romantic at heart. She’d kind of, sort of, hoped LOVE LETTERS, INC. would help pay the groaning mortgage on her aging farm house. Not. But she’s enjoying the letter writing too much to stop. She particularly enjoys writing letters for Gardenia to her fiancé Kent Summerton.

The problem is Kent isn’t engaged, to Gardenia or anyone else. Kent is the sexy-hot, very much single owner manager of a prestigious local resort. Ambitious, organized, and over-scheduled, Kent does not find the anonymous letters he’s receiving from Gardenia amusing. And when they become more and more explicit, he starts to feel a bit…stalked. He decides to track Gardenia down and put a stop to her purple pen.

All roads lead to Rosie, who’s not happy to learn she’s been duped by Gardenia into writing erotic spam. She’s even less happy to be instantly attracted to work-crazed Kent. With his green eyes, chiseled chin, and muscles in all the right places, he might be calendar material, but he’s so-o not the man for her, and so-o absolutely not the future father of her many children. After all, a six-pack of abs doesn’t trump family values.

Rosie’s right. Kent doesn’t want a messy passel of kids. Kent wants a successful business, an organized life, and a clean balance sheet. Kids? Time sucks and trouble. This he knows. Or thinks he knows. But Kent doesn’t know what trouble is, until he starts wanting what he can’t have—Rosie O’Hanlon.

P.S. I hope you'll enjoy Rosie's love story as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
This is an splendid idea, Britomart.
Lucinda Brant offers Noble Satyr for 0.99 at Smashwords, Amazon and BN.
Quote:
France and England in the age of hedonism and enlightenment. A green-eyed beauty is abandoned at the court of Versailles. The predatory Comte de Salvan plots her seduction. An all-powerful adversary snatches her to safety. But is he noble savior or a satyr most despicable?
Also, Shiloh Walker have an upto 50% off discount on some of her re-issued Hunter books on Allromance ( probably BN and Amazon too)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I got an e-mail from Allromance, informing me about their Earth Day Showcase. From April 1st-22 second they showcase series, and offer the first book for free. ( Just what I need, more freebies ) Instead of creating a seperate thread, I figured I might as well post it here.
Today's featured title is Master of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair:

Quote:
When Rebecca's boyfriend talks her into vacationing at a mountain lodge with his swing club, she quickly learns she's not cut out for playing musical beds. Now she has nowhere to sleep. Logan, the lodge owner, finds her freezing on the porch. After hauling her inside, he warms her in his own bed, and there the experienced Dom discovers that Rebecca might not be a swinger…but she is definitely a submissive.

Rebecca knows that no one can love her plump, scarred body. To her shock, lodge owner Logan not only disagrees, but ties her up and shows her just how much he enjoys her curves. Under his skilled hands, Rebecca not only loses her inhibitions, but also her heart.

Damaged from the war, Logan considers himself too dangerous to be around the enticing little sub. He sends her away for her own safety, not realizing she believes she has once again been rejected because of her size. As Logan's mountains echo with her voice long after she's gone, he realizes she's taken his heart with her. But when he arrives in the city to reclaim her, Rebecca's phone has been disconnected and her apartment is empty…
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Although Kindle ebooks on Amazon are easiest to discover due to the excellent search engines, I propose we expand the romance thread to romances in all formats, from all retailers. I for one am always very grateful if I get Kobo or ARe freebies or bargains pointed out!

My related question is: how does one discover Smashwords codes for romance books? I would really like to buy (or get for free) more there, but don't know of a good source for the codes.

What are your suggestions for the romance thread?
I like the idea of an all encompassing thread for both bargains and freebies from all sources.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Britomart, for starting this thread! I think it's a great idea to have all the romance bargains and freebies in one spot.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Two Really nice romances in the 100 Bargain Kindle books this month.

Dreaming by Jill Barnett. An autobuy author for me so I snagged it. I am slowly replacing my paperback collection with her ebooks. I normally get them at Kobo with coupons but $1.99 is a great deal!

Daring the Highlander by Laurin Wittig is another one from this months books for $1.99. It's book two of a duo series. Book one Charming the Shrew is only $2.99. I grabbed them both this morning. Both are historicals set in the Scottish Highlands. She has one other highlander book for $2.99 The Devil of Kilmartin. I already own this one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Karma to you for this thread Britomart!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #10
Britomart
Guru

There are currently two charming bargains from Sourcebooks, available at different retailers:

Carolyn Brown, Red's Hot Cowboy $1.99 (only for the rest of today; contemporary)
Barbara Erskine, Whispers in the Sand $1.99 (time travel in Egypt; was a Nook freebie last year)

In addition, at BoB some older bargains are still available in case you missed them.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Diesel's deal of the day is the The Rake by Mary Jo Putney for $1.40

Hurry if you want it, only 4 copies left. It's going fast! 3 copies gone in 15 minutes since I placed my order.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
rosspag
Enthusiast
rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Cybook gen3, Sony PRS-T1, Ipod Touch, Galaxy Tab 7.7
Anna Jeffrey - The love of a Stranger is free at Amazon US (Kindle)

Free also at Amazon Italia

Previously published by Onyx in 2004.

A belligerent blonde swinging a tire iron is the last thing Doug Hawkins expects during a romantic rendezvous with another woman. Deep down, Doug is glad his ill-advised dalliance is over before it started. And he is so intrigued by hot-blooded Alex McGregor, he begins a one-sided flirtation with a single goal in mind: to get under her skin.

Alex doesn't take kindly to strangers, especially those who trespass on her property. Brokenhearted by the loss of her family, she wants to be left alone in her beloved cabin on Wolf Mountain. But when Doug proves to be her only ally in a fight with a local logger, Alex doesn't know what she fears more--the loss of her land or the loss of her heart.

N.B. Anna Jeffrey AKA Dixie Cash

Last edited by rosspag; 04-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.
rosspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
SusanJ
Enthusiast
SusanJ has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle for PC
The Love of a Stranger is also free for Kindle UK. You ladies are such a bad influence! I turned on my Kindle wi-fi yesterday after being out of the country for a few days, and it downloaded eight things I'd forgotten I'd clicked on
SusanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Harlequin author Brenda Novak has a boxed set free today that contains her two historicals: Of Noble Birth and Honor Bound.

Fatal Judgment by Irene Hannon is free today. This is book one in her series Guardians of Justice. This is a Inspirational Romantic Suspense published by Revell. Nook Kobo Christian Book (World Wide)

Some Agency deals:

That's Amore by Wendy Markham is $1.99 by Hachette. I pre-ordered it at that price but it even after release it's still that price not sure how long so grab quick if interested!. It was a tricky book to get as they kept canceling my pre-order due to the AISN keep changing so I had to keep ordering it but I got it this morning. It's a romantic comedy it looks like with a slight paranormal flair. Nook Sony Kobo

The Spy Who Left Me by Gina Robinson is $2.99 by Macmillan. I paid full price for this one when it came out last year. This is book one of An Agent Ex series. She is an autobuy for me. Nook Sony Kobo

Going Cowboy Crazy by Katie Lane is $1.99 by Hachette. Modern Western romance I paid full price for. Oh well she is another autobuy for me.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-03-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
This one is free from Bethany House at Amazon US today:

The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen

http://www.amazon.com/The-Apothecary...dp/B001LDJIQM/

While working in her father’s apothecary shop in the small village of Bedsley Priors, Lilly Haswell dreams of one day traveling the world, perhaps even finding her mother, who had left her family three years before and has never been heard from since. When the chance to live with her maternal aunt and uncle is unexpectedly offered to her, Lilly sees the opportunity for a new life. Once in London, she indulges in a bit of romantic flirtation with several different men while also learning more about her mother’s mysterious disappearance. Then, when a crisis forces Lilly to return to Bedsley Priors, she faces the difficult challenge of giving up her fabulous independent life in order to help out the family she has always loved. Filled with fascinating details about the apothecary trade in Regency England, Klassen’s latest superbly crafted inspirational romance is an emotionally compelling and quietly powerful tale about the importance of faith and hope, family and friends, love and loyalty.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote