Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
jdomingos76
Enthusiast
jdomingos76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and 3 Int
Faulty power switch

I'm extremely careful with my Kindle 3rd generation, but a week ago the power switch started to offer resistance, and now it seems worse. After applying some strength I eventually can wake up the Kindle.

Because I live in Europe, I'm no sure what should I do with this (I know I can return it, but I want to spare myself the trouble, bureaucracies and postage expenses, and also don't want a refurnished unit). Is this an usual problem? Will it eventually stop waking up? I if stays like this I can live with it. What do you advice?
Thanks
jdomingos76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Maybe with some patience a little bit of cleaning could solve the problem?
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
It depends on how stiff it is. A number of folks, me included, found the slider getting stiffer and staying that way for a week or two and then suddenly returning to normal - normal being pretty easy to slide. No idea why it happens.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
ronv
ronv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
There is another thread on this issue.
I faced the same problem of a sticky power switch. As suggested my many users here, used my thumbnail to slide the power switch instead of using the finger tip. Now the problem is gone!
ronv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
stardustindi
stardustindi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I had the same problem with mine, but mine froze completely eventually. So I had to return it. That went well with Amazon, and all postage costs (to Europe and back) have been repaid. I guess I now have a refurbished one, but hey, I can read again
stardustindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert