Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-24-2024, 10:43 AM   #1
sirgawain
sirgawain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Getting new error

I just plugged my Libra 2 in and was going to copy a new book over and got this (and after rebooting both, got it again). I don't quite know what to do at this point.

calibre, version 7.9.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 111, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 565, in _books
File "calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2065, in books
File "calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1932, in get_bookshelvesforbook
File "src/cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
sirgawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:45 AM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
The current Kobo firmware has a glitch where the database doesn't always close itself properly when connecting to the computer. This most commonly happens when connecting with a KePub open but there's other circumstances.

If you don't have a backup made with Kobo Utilities, sign out and sign back in. This will reset the database and fix it. You'll lose all your reading positions and annotations. Sideloaded books will re-import into the newly initialized database.

Rebooting the device before connecting to PC usually prevents it. It's also suggested to use Kobo Utilities to keep backups.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-24-2024 at 10:50 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2024, 11:12 AM   #3
sirgawain
sirgawain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Okay -- did this, and it of course lost which books I had already read, which is a real bummer, but I can live with that. I'll do the backup from this point on. Oy.
sirgawain is offline   Reply With Quote