Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
tofubean
Connoisseur
tofubean is on a distinguished road

Device: K3, iPad, PW
calibre and transfer of chinese txts

I have been transferring many chinese texts with chinese names to my reader these few days. An annoying problem i have is that calibre will change all my text names into hanyu pinyin after i transfer them to the device. It is quite hard to read the titles in hanyu pinyin when they are very long. Is there any way to prevent calibre from doing that?

The sony library transfers the texts in chinese and keeps the titles in chinese even on the device. But i don't like to use the library because it tends to freeze on me.

Any suggestions?
tofubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will change the tites to whatever you've set them to be in calibre
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
bookmeal
Connoisseur
bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: benQ
Sony eReader read Chinese ??
bookmeal is offline   Reply With Quote