Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: When do you butter your toast?
I butter it in sections, after its cooled..... 5 4.46%
I butter it while its still warm so the butter melts into the toast 86 76.79%
The blue German vegetarian Fish that lives in Portugal but eats meat. 15 13.39%
I butter my toast cool but not in sections 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #61
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
If it makes you feel better, I don't have one, and I think the only time I've seen them are in my parents' house (present from my grandparents) and in hotels.

I saw someone selling one in a street sale a couple of months ago and nearly bought it for the novelty value, then realised that there's no point as I would never use it for exactly the reasons you mention
It would make a pretty stand for my jeweler's laps to drain after they are washed. Or if we still had 45's, it would be a pretty record rack. Redbarnmom already said napkin holder. One side of the handle could be outgoing mail and the other side incoming mail. Like Grace said, a Pop-Tarts holder. Lots of practical uses, but holding toast doesn't seem to be one of them.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #62
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
5 pages so far on toast. I'm just sayin'.... :-)
Great, isn't it?
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #63
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Well, I eat only vegetarian toast!

Ooops. Wrong thread.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #64
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I spritz the bread with spray butter before I put it in the toaster oven, works great, and very little fat.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #65
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I spritz the bread with spray butter before I put it in the toaster oven, works great, and very little fat.
But but but.. sputters... You're missing the whole point of nice greasy melted butter on your fingers and chin!
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #66
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/canola.asp

I had to laugh out loud when I read this.........
You know, had I gotten this info via email, I would've surely checked Snopes, but since I heard it from someone I deemed credible, I never gave it a thought to look it up on Snopes. I've sent many a reply with a link to a Snopes article, but have never had anyone respond negatively to me for doing this. I should have asked her where she got that information, rather than accept it without question! Lesson learned!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #67
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Well, I eat only vegetarian toast!

Ooops. Wrong thread.

Quote:
But but but.. sputters... You're missing the whole point of nice greasy melted butter on your fingers and chin!
Exactly! Mmmmm...messy!

May I point out we're now up to 5 pages? Let's keep it up and make the thread the longest one in the lounge! As long as we don't talk about Canadian Oil anymore...

Can't let you folks know it is not a snope and it's our plan to control the nation, hey?...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #68
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
All I can say is that I hope you're all enjoying your toast either before you go to work, or somewhere between 1 1/2 to 2 hours after you start work; and not as soon as you start work.

Also, I really, really fancy some toast. Preferably wholemeal or granary, but fresh, thick crusty white will do in a pinch
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #69
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i enjoy toast first thing every morning (hand sliced extra thick, hot, with melty with butter) with my café au lait. that's my breakfast. although when it's really hot, sometimes i skip the "toast" part and just eat bread.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #70
DixieGal
Hi There!

Store-bought frozen garlic cheesebread - subspecies of toast or base for french bread pizza? Explain your answer.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #71
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I think officially marge and spreads are different products.

It came up on an edition of 'Q.I.' that you can't buy margarine in Britain any more. When I checked my local supermarkets, they were only selling spreads.

The matter has been discussed on the Q.I. chat pages; and I think someone from the programme posted a message saying:

"We were quoting the UK Spreads Association (which used to be called the Margarine and Spreads Association), which says that marge is no longer for sale in this country - they recently changed the formulations of their members’ products so that they no longer come into the 80-90% fat content bracket that legally defines them as margarines. Their spokesman said:
“We would like to make it clear that there are no brands of margarine on sale in Britain today.”"
I didn't know that! (and if it was on QI that's usually good enough for me...)
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #72
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh, and i like capers too.
yum! !
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #73
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I'd be worried about starting a toaster fire!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #74
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Store-bought frozen garlic cheesebread - subspecies of toast or base for french bread pizza? Explain your answer.
Neither - but it is the ideal bread for scooping up cheese sauce from pasta and cheese sauce!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #75
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Cat and the Buttered Toast Theory

When buttered toast is dropped it usually lands buttered side down and when a cat falls it usually lands on it's feet. So if you strap a piece of buttered toast to a cat's back what happens when the cat falls off of something?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cat toast.gif
Views:	213
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	31368   Click image for larger version

Name:	cat toasts.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	31369  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote