Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
markx2
markx2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Advice on making ePub3

Have made my ebook and got it to the validation point on Apple iBooks. As it is in Arabic, it now fails validation and says Arabic is only acceptable in ePub3!

So, back to square one

Can any one tell me the best way to go about making an ePub3?

Thanks, Mark
markx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by markx2 View Post
Have made my ebook and got it to the validation point on Apple iBooks. As it is in Arabic, it now fails validation and says Arabic is only acceptable in ePub3!
That seems to be an Apple only limitation, because you can of course theoretically create Arabic ePub2 books, however, the de-facto ePub2 reference implementation ADE/RMSDK does not support RTL languages at all.

Check out the demo Arabic ePub that I attached to this thread. It passes ePubCheck online and the first and third pages displays correctly in readers that support Arabic. (The second page doesn't render correctly on purpose.)

If this ePub doesn't pass Apple's epubcheck edition, it's an artificial limitation created by Apple.

In that case you may want to check out this rather boring Arabic sample ePub3.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
markx2
markx2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thanks for your reply. My Arabic ePub works absolutely fine, embedded fonts and all. It is basic but now have to convert to ePub 3
markx2 is offline   Reply With Quote