Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
ZerMongo
ZerMongo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Touch - Broke my screensavers

I understand this is totally my fault - please help rectify my stupidity!

I originally used the data.tar.gz jailbreak and the screensaver hack. I accidentally left my Kindle on and it updated to 5.1.0 all by its lonesome - and my screensavers stopped working entirely. When I turned it off, it would just stay on the last screen.

So I waited. And I cried a little.

Then I came back on MobileRead and noticed some updates. So I did a factory reset, re-jailbroke it using the universal method, and tried the "Custom Screensaver" hack. Left the custom screensavers in there ... and still nothing.

At this point, I don't care if I have to go back to the stock screensavers. I just want screensaver. It drives me nuts to click on the screen four or five times only to realize it went back to sleep. Can anyone help?
ZerMongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's perhaps worth pointing out that a factory reset will NOT undo any firmware modifications that you've made.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The "simple debricking" sticky thread in the dev corner forum shows how to go back to firmware version 5.0.0 (with no mods installed), then you can upgrade to 5.1.0, and then install hacks that work with 5.1.0. Not that many 5.0.x hacks do not work with 5.1.0 firmware. If you do not want 5.1.0 firmware, you need to deregister your kindle to prevent another OTA upgrade.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote