Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
adrian1944
Connoisseur
adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Imac, iPhone SE, iPad Air 2, Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro, Sony 650.
Customising Device View

Is it possible to configure the way the GUI appears when a device is connected and I switch from the library to the device tab.

I lose the series information and any custom columns. I like to use custom columns to control which books I put on my device but cannot get the information when I am looking at the device itself.

I think the last choice on the remove books menus 'remove matching books from device' probably would help letting me manage from the library view but can someone confirm this only removes from the device and not from the library as well as the device. My limited test seems to show this but I would like confirmation before I use this widely.

Adrian
adrian1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
It only removes from the device, but the warning scares me every time
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1944 View Post
Is it possible to configure the way the GUI appears when a device is connected and I switch from the library to the device tab.

I lose the series information and any custom columns. I like to use custom columns to control which books I put on my device but cannot get the information when I am looking at the device itself.

I think the last choice on the remove books menus 'remove matching books from device' probably would help letting me manage from the library view but can someone confirm this only removes from the device and not from the library as well as the device. My limited test seems to show this but I would like confirmation before I use this widely.

Adrian
If you choose that last item, then that is all that gets removed. Not it shows you a list of removal candidates that match (in case of 2 copies found on device). Un-tick the one you want to KEEP on the device.

Device view is limited in what it can show because many devices do NOT support field datata other than that shown.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #4
adrian1944
Connoisseur
adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Imac, iPhone SE, iPad Air 2, Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro, Sony 650.
Thank you both.

I was sure that was what was intended with removal of books from device but would have had more confidence if the option had said 'remove selected books from device only'

As regards the columns i guessed it was restrictions on the device info but had hoped calibre could also show some matching info from its own data,

thanks

adrian
adrian1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1944 View Post
Thank you both.

I was sure that was what was intended with removal of books from device but would have had more confidence if the option had said 'remove selected books from device only'

As regards the columns i guessed it was restrictions on the device info but had hoped calibre could also show some matching info from its own data,

thanks

adrian
Except for location (on device and that can be tediously reached via the delete from device item: (abort after viewing location).), all info is available in Library view with a Big Green tick mark decorating the row. Sort (click) the On Device column header and the all appear clustered.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert