Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #181
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I've been debating whether or not to join since I'm already doing a 100 book challenge on another forum, but I'm horrible at remembering to get books posted and already have 2 places that I want to keep track. So I've decided that I'm going to steal lene1949's idea and just use a ticker, but not list my books. That way I MIGHT actually keep up with it!
You can list your books very easily on Goodreads. I'm going to start a 2011 category there to track what I've read this year.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #182
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
I'm going to join in too! I may not get too many books listed, like Karen, I have list going on a couple of different places. I hope I make it to 100 - fell seven short in 2010.

Last edited by kathyfitz; 01-01-2011 at 04:27 PM.
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #183
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Man, I would love to be able to read that much. I am a slooooooooooooooow reader. I read a book; word for word and even go back often, if I think I missed something. I would be so happy with myself if I could read 12 books a year...
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #184
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Guiltyr1, the fact that you are here suggests to me that you enjoy reading more than the vast majority of folks. Why don't you join in the fun and keep an eye on what the others are reading? You might get some good ideas!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #185
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So where on MR do we list the books we read in 2011?

I've started the first book in 2011 today. It is Interesting Times by Terry Pratchett.

I saved this Discworld book so I could have it as the first book of 2011. No reason other then I've been too long away from reading Discworld.
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #186
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So where on MR do we list the books we read in 2011?

I've started the first book in 2011 today. It is Interesting Times by Terry Pratchett.

I saved this Discworld book so I could have it as the first book of 2011. No reason other then I've been too long away from reading Discworld.
The actual group is located HERE.

You create & maintain your own personal post HERE - Updating/Editing it as you go along instead of creating a new post for every book.

Hope that helps.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #187
Fastolfe
Bookworm
Fastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
You create & maintain your own personal post HERE
I think you'll find it's gonna be more than one post really, because each post carries a 3000 character length limit. To record 100 books in a single post, you'd have to fit the title, author, rating, comment... in 30 characters, which is impossible.

My solution is to chain my posts. Check it out here: at the bottom of the post, there's a link to the next, and at the top of the next, there's a link to the previous.
Fastolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #188
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Hey terminator, books for 2011 do not count if they are started in 2010. They have to be started and finished in 2011 to count.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #189
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The actual group is located HERE.

You create & maintain your own personal post HERE - Updating/Editing it as you go along instead of creating a new post for every book.

Hope that helps.
Yes, that helps. Thank you!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #190
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Hey terminator, books for 2011 do not count if they are started in 2010. They have to be started and finished in 2011 to count.
that's not how he set it up and he is the group moderator
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #191
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastolfe View Post
I think you'll find it's gonna be more than one post really, because each post carries a 3000 character length limit. To record 100 books in a single post, you'd have to fit the title, author, rating, comment... in 30 characters, which is impossible.

My solution is to chain my posts. Check it out here: at the bottom of the post, there's a link to the next, and at the top of the next, there's a link to the previous.
Ah, I didn't know about the character restrictions. Thank you, for the info. The link is a good idea!

Quote:
Yes, that helps. Thank you!
Glad to be of help!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #192
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Jon likes *his* rules.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #193
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Jon likes *his* rules.
*SIGH* we know
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #194
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Jon likes *his* rules.
It's not my rules, it's the rules for how such an event is supposed to happen. You could have 1 page left of a book you read in 2010 and then finish that 1 page in 2011 and say you've read your first book in 2011. That's totally unfair to those who only count books totally read in 2011.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #195
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm not really liking how social groups work. You cannot reply. You cannot edit your posts.

I'm thinking we'd be better off starting a new thread for the books we are reading instead of using the social group. Who agrees or disagrees?

Tags
a terminator production