Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Hugo, Victor: Les Miserables. May 2007

Here's one I've read and enjoyed immensely. I love Val Jean and his transformation.

Very long. Rich, rich book. Full of redemption and growth.

Its a bear to tackle though. In the Reader it is over 2800 pages. It has probably 15 million little chapters and I was too lazy to make a link to each one so I just cleaned the text and used element browser to en masse get rid of the "Chapter 1" etc. that shows up at the bottom of the reader and selected the Subtitles (The real chapter titles... ) And in masse changed them to titles.

All the text is there and the chapter titles will show up at the bottom of your reader but the table of contents had to go on this one. I invite someone.. anyone, to create all those nutty links to 15 million chapter titles with names like. "Fantine goes to the John" or "Val Jean celebrates his birthday"

It really is a great book though and I fugure since the reader keeps track of where you are in the book anyhow it is in a very readable form here and its not likely anyone would actually use the table of contents. Hopefully V. Hugo wont roll over in his grave since I removed the table of contents but thats what, "Public Domain" means. We the public can do what we like with them. .

Enjoy

Roy
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Les Miserables.lrf (2.12 MB, 1514 views)

Last edited by Roy White; 05-27-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
A favourite of mine. Thanks.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
angelaruk
angelaruk began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Brilliant thanks! I've been wanting to read this book for years, but have never fancied breaking my wrists on the published book! Now, once my reader finally arrives, I can indulge in this and many other huge works!
angelaruk is offline   Reply With Quote