Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #31
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Both techniques could be made available at the same time, with the two arrows to the left of the screen to move between links, and the numerical keyboard to type the link's number.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #32
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
I have run into a bug in the new firmware (as opposed to a missing feature). An epub that I had formatted and used on the older firmware no longer works. The embedded (foreign language) font no longer displays. Also, my toc (built by calibre) only shows the first 8 or 9 entries when the toc should have 9 or 10. Again, this worked on the older version.

Has anyone else run into this? I did send this to astak support, but any workaround would be greatly appreciated.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #33
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
I just noticed that the font issue is only for the table of contents. The book itself is using the embedded font without issues. I wonder if this is a problem with my epub.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try your ePub with ADE for Windows and you'll see if it is your reader or your ePub that is the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems to me that the "official" ADE firmware is a bust needing fixes before it's really ready to go.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:08 AM   #36
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I know! I know! I cannot fly to China and beat them into doing it. I will again restress that Hyperlink is right up there with the Second Coming of Christ in importance to Americans. Jesus... what an impatient bunch.

Can someone, maybe Mr. Penquin with the hat, please again write out in lay terms what hyperlink does. I don't fully understand and maybe they do not fully understand. Be kind and nice, please, and just explain in a post what it does and why it is so critical! I will copy the post and taatoo it onto some buttocks.
Hey, I am not impatient for Christ to come yet, I still need to become rich and buy a ferrari before that.
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:10 AM   #37
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have no idea how your boss got to be boss being so clueless about his business.

Anyway, download the ePub in this thread... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54886 It is the first volume of the Haggard eBooks that HarryT made. Just run it with ADE for your computer and just start at the first page and go forward a few pages until you see the contents page. All the links to the various chapters are hyperlinks within the one ePub file. With the EZ Reader and Pocket PRO, you should be able to navigate to any one of those and then select the one you want and be taken to that part of the book. This is something that needs to be fixed ASAP if not sooner.
that's pretty much a requirement to be a boss
Old 09-04-2009, 02:11 AM   #38
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have no idea how your boss got to be boss being so clueless about his business.

Anyway, download the ePub in this thread... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54886 It is the first volume of the Haggard eBooks that HarryT made. Just run it with ADE for your computer and just start at the first page and go forward a few pages until you see the contents page. All the links to the various chapters are hyperlinks within the one ePub file. With the EZ Reader and Pocket PRO, you should be able to navigate to any one of those and then select the one you want and be taken to that part of the book. This is something that needs to be fixed ASAP if not sooner.
sooner than as soon as possible is, by definition, impossible
Old 09-04-2009, 02:19 AM   #39
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Another kind of link is needed to use Wikipedia in epub format someday: links to a precise part/chapter/definition within another book in the same directory.
Such files are available in mobi format in several languages but they are not supported by the Hanlin V3. But the older files that contain Wikipedia in one big mobi file (around 300 MB) allow navigating through Wikipedia with links:
http://pinguinburg.de/wpmp
Since it is over for the mobi format, a nice goal would be to make epub's link support even better than mobi's.
And Wikipedia in the reader would be a nice advantage for the first ereader brand capable of offering it to customers.
definitely!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:36 AM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I know! I know! I cannot fly to China and beat them into doing it. I will again restress that Hyperlink is right up there with the Second Coming of Christ in importance to Americans. Jesus... what an impatient bunch.
What should be of utmost importance is better QA for any future firmware. A bug like that should never have made it into the wild.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-05-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:38 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
sooner than as soon as possible is, by definition, impossible
Well, the hyperlink bug should never have happened in the first place. That's just beyond poor QA.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #42
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
that's pretty much a requirement to be a boss
So.. SD... Are you in management?
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #43
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
So.. SD... Are you in management?
I am your boss! Now go back to your cube and work until your fingers bleed!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #44
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
*mumble grumble* you just wait til Nat'l Boss Day, bub! I mean, Bub, SIR! *salute*
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #45
jwsheets
Connoisseur
jwsheets began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
New Firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Just downloaded and installed the new firmware for the EzReader. Robert thank your guys this is a great start. The zoom is a lot better and the keyboard lock and unlock is working.

Thanks

Chuck

Is this firmware for the 5" or 6" device? I went to the EZReader site and I don't see a new firmware release.
jwsheets is offline   Reply With Quote