Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Kindle Touch 3G back in stock

Just an FYI, the Touch 3G is back in stock. So much for the Sept 6th rumors. I'm still holding out until after the event before I make my purchase though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...famstripe_kt3g

(Regular Touch is still sold out)

Last edited by nobylspoon; 08-30-2012 at 08:20 AM.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
*4*G? Since when have Amazon sold a 4G Kindle?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
*4*G? Since when have Amazon sold a 4G Kindle?
Since never.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unless the OP perhaps means a "4th generation" Kindle?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Unless the OP perhaps means a "4th generation" Kindle?
The Kindle Touch 3G was OOS (in the US) and now it's back in....I'd say that's it. The Kindle 4 NT has never been OOS (to my knowledge). The Wi-Fi only Touch is still OOS.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Opps, yeah I ment 3G. Just bought a 4G phone recently so it's still branded on my mind. I updated title.

It looks like they only have the Special Offer's one.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well piddle, they're OOS again. That must have been a small shipment.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
Just an FYI, the Touch 3G is back in stock. So much for the Sept 6th rumors. I'm still holding out until after the event before I make my purchase though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...famstripe_kt3g

(Regular Touch is still sold out)
How does the 3G Touch being back in stock kill the "Sept 6th rumors"? There's an event Sept 6 and more than likely they'll be a new eInk Kindle announced. They didn't kill off the Kindle Keyboard last year when the other models were announced so I could see Amazon still keeping the original Kindle Touch as a buying option along with whatever new model they may introduce on the 6th.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
How does the 3G Touch being back in stock kill the "Sept 6th rumors"? There's an event Sept 6 and more than likely they'll be a new eInk Kindle announced. They didn't kill off the Kindle Keyboard last year when the other models were announced so I could see Amazon still keeping the original Kindle Touch as a buying option along with whatever new model they may introduce on the 6th.
Given today's press release of the Kindle Fire being "sold out", a new Fire announcement is certain. A new eInk device? I'd say very probable, but let's wait and see.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
Given today's press release of the Kindle Fire being "sold out", a new Fire announcement is certain. A new eInk device? I'd say very probable, but let's wait and see.
I missed that announcement, I wasn't expecting a sellout of the KF. No wonder Amazon didn't cut the $199 price.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Someone uncovered the FCC filing for a new eInk device that they claim is Amazon. They've been correct in the past.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I agree that it's very likely that we will get one or more new eInk Kindles, but there's no point in speculating about it now. We'll know for certain next Thursday .
Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
Zeebra
Evangelist

Quote:
I agree that it's very likely that we will get one or more new eInk Kindles, but there's no point in speculating about it now. We'll know for certain next Thursday .
Always an exciting time, I have a smile too.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
The Verge has pictures of the new Kindle ereader.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/30/32...rwhite-display

xg4bx already has posted a thread about it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189511
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	91556  
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
Zeebra
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
The Verge has pictures of the new Kindle ereader.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/30/32...rwhite-display

xg4bx already has posted a thread about it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189511
Still no page turn buttons. Me no likey.