Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #31
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
More pics of the 360...

http://exler.ru/expromt/01-09-2009.htm
http://ruformator.ru/news/article05989/default.asp
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #32
lee1234
Enthusiast
lee1234 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader, Nokia E61
nice looking device, where can I buy it in the states?
lee1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #33
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
So far it's not available anywhere. The first batch was sold only to members of the-ebook.org forums. Second batch is expected to hit the shops "soon".
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #34
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Devices with accelerometers - do they need to be turned off when not in use to preserve battery life?
I suspect the keyboard lock will also lock the accelerometer so the standard "sleep" mode should be enough, not a full shut down.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #35
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Charbax, thank you very much for your video and interview.

I hope that the new PocketBook models will hit US soil very soon, meanwhile the good ole classic PocketBook301 is already here: please, visit www.pocketbookreader.com.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #36
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
It's me, myself and I . My name is Yaroslav, I live in NYC, and will be more than happy to answer all your questions and help you with PocketBooks in the USA.
You can find me here: www.PocketBookReader.com
So far there's no new information on 302 and loved-by-all-360, but I'm going to upload new pictures and videos there today.

It seems that the PocketBooks deserve opening new and separate string, dedicated to them only, what do you think, folks?
Yaro,

Thanks a LOT for taking the time to come to MR...often people make promises and do not follow up on them...I think you will like it here these readers have a lot of things going for them, and ask around, I am pretty critical about these things.

I am really interested in not only the 360 details as they emerge, and of course the 302 but also the device that appears in the video in the upper right corner of the cabinet in the video...you know the one that Charbax was asking about before the reps decided to show the pre-production 302 device...fyi, the device appears in the video at 5:06...I guess that is a concept device? No matter so far the Pocketbook + Netronix team looks pretty impressive..,again THANKS!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #37
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Yaro,

Thanks a LOT for taking the time to come to MR...often people make promises and do not follow up on them...I think you will like it here these readers have a lot of things going for them, and ask around, I am pretty critical about these things.

I am really interested in not only the 360 details as they emerge, and of course the 302 but also the device that appears in the video in the upper right corner of the cabinet in the video...you know the one that Charbax was asking about before the reps decided to show the pre-production 302 device...fyi, the device appears in the video at 5:06...I guess that is a concept device? No matter so far the Pocketbook + Netronix team looks pretty impressive..,again THANKS!!
Thanks, Breck!
That was one of the concept devices, I can tell you later exactly which one. These folks in Ukraine have very strong creative potential and I won't be surprised when they bring 10"-plastic-screen-something to the CES this coming January...
Old 10-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #38
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Thanks, Breck!
That was one of the concept devices, I can tell you later exactly which one. These folks in Ukraine have very strong creative potential and I won't be surprised when they bring 10"-plastic-screen-something to the CES this coming January...
wink-wink...we'll just keep that rumor to ourselves...hehehehe...then again such is why I have put Q1 2010 as my time frame for a new reader device or two...

Seriously, I have long held developers in Ukraine, as well as other former USSR countries, in high regard because for a long time they had to do a LOT more, creatively with access to fewer tools and on older gear...developers in Ireland are sort of the same way too. Lots of creativity as well as a very practical thought applied to their software.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #39
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
302, nice. Screen a bit to glossy though.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #40
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
302, nice. Screen a bit to glossy though.
Same reason I am really interested in the DR800 as my large format device...but a 360 is really cool in my POV...maybe once the 302's are in stock, Yaro can post some sample side by side shots of a 302 in it's natural state and one with a matte finish screen protector so we can all see the true difference...still I want my large display reader to be more on the size of the Plastic Logic 8.5"x11" device, and that is the actual screen size not the device size. That means a display with a diagonal measure of just under 14" and that really puts it into perspective.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #41
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Just added 302 and 360 pics to US PB-website, but nothing new so far, the same ones that you guys already saw in Andrey's posts. Maybe, a little bit easier to find Just in case: www.PocketBookReader.com

Tags
pocketbook