Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
sigbert
sigbert began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 701IQ
Eduroam / EAP

Hi, can anyone tell if it possible to connect my Pocketbook IQ (2.1.1) via WLAN with eduroam (802.1x EAP)? Whenever I try to select the network then I come to the security settings. But I have no possibility to enter my account name or password or to download the necessary certificate.

Thanks in advance
sigbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
From my experience with IQ, it connects to any legible WiFi with minimum effort. If it doesn't - it can't... that's not very technical savvy statement, but just my experience with PocketBook.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #3
sigbert
sigbert began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 701IQ
Got it working!

Hi,

I found no possibility to do it via the GUI. So I accessed the file system directly and installed in "/data/misc/wifi" the necessary certificate file and added in "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf":

network={
ssid="eduroam"
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
eap=TTLS
proto=WPA
identity="YourNameHere"
anonymous_identity="anonymous@cms.hu-berlin.de"
password="YourPasswordHere"
ca_cert="/data/misc/wifi/deutsche-telekom-root-ca-2.crt"
phase2="auth=PAP"
}

It hopes that helps someone
sigbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
erickruis
erickruis began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
It's a bug introduced in OS version 2.0.6. My pocketbook came with OS 2.0.3. No problem connecting to 812.1x protected networks (such as Eduroam). After I upgraded to 2.0.6 I got the same problem: I get to security settings that has nothing to do with networks. Upgraded to 2.1.1. hoping for a fix, but no. Going back to 2.0.3. seems not possible. Hoping for a fix in next OS.
erickruis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
802.1x eap, eduroam