Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
fibrou
Edge User

Reading Forum on eDGe browser

I have noticed something recently, before the latest Dingo update, every time I try to read Forum entries on the eDGe, I receive a "400 Bad Request" message. Anybody know what that's about?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

The enTourage websites sometimes misbehave after they're updated (or so I've noticed on my desktop browser). The usual solution is to either Refresh the page, or go into the settings and clear the cache.

Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
fibrou
Edge User

WOW! After clearing cache, forums page responds with 400 Bad Request. Other web pages are loading fine. How can it be that eDGe device cannot see it's own forum url? What am I doing wrong?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
Dr. T
Edge User

While I have never received that message, I have noticed that the forum website does not always behave on the EE. For instance, when I click on "Mark All Forums Read", nothing happens on my EE. In contrast, when I do this on a PC, the page refreshes showing me that there are no new messages.

Weird.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrou View Post
WOW! After clearing cache, forums page responds with 400 Bad Request. Other web pages are loading fine. How can it be that eDGe device cannot see it's own forum url? What am I doing wrong?
Try going to www.entourageedge.com first, and navigate to the forums from there. Somehow the URL may have changed for the forums.

EDIT: In the future, you may want to use the "Store" app instead to launch the enTourage site, and use the "Community" link at the bottom of the initial page to get to the forums. This, in theory, will avoid surprise URL changes that invalidate your bookmark.

Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
fibrou
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Try going to www.entourageedge.com first, and navigate to the forums from there. Somehow the URL may have changed for the forums.

EDIT: In the future, you may want to use the "Store" app instead to launch the enTourage site, and use the "Community" link at the bottom of the initial page to get to the forums. This, in theory, will avoid surprise URL changes that invalidate your bookmark.
The first process (going to entourage's web site directly) got the same "400 Bad Request" message. Getting to the forum via Store->Community->Forum, though got me there. Seems like a lot of work. I wonder what I did wrong...

Old 12-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
borisb
Edge User

For the answer to that you'd have to ask Tech Support

Old 12-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrou View Post
I have noticed something recently, before the latest Dingo update, every time I try to read Forum entries on the eDGe, I receive a "400 Bad Request" message. Anybody know what that's about?
I have this problem about once a month and have posted this several times. Clearing cache and data resolves it temporary.
Sometimes it's only with the EE-site via the 'store'-app, sometimes via the 'browser'-app. Most of the time other sites are available in 'browser'.
There is a difference between the two apps. The 'store'-app leads only to the EE-site, but the option 'view on reader' is not there.
Btw when I set the device to the dutch language both apps are called 'browser', different icons though.

Last edited by sjarrel; 12-22-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: sides must be sites of course.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Dragginz
Edge User

I wonder if it has anything to do with the highly annoying forced redirect from the default page you see from other systems, where you're not allowed to view the devices pages. Since it's rewritten the page address dynamically at the server side because it knows you're on an Edge device and there are possibly server and client side cookies that could each be out of sync there's some sense to clearing out the cached stuff but I also wonder whether you are having firewall or other provider trouble. Some providers and some company firewalls are paranoid and disallow sites for apparently random reasons.