Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

Device: none
Question Is This Typical K2 Battery Life?

I received my Kindle 2 Wed night. I charged it via the electrical outlet. It took about 2 hours for the light to turn green but I did leave it plugged in overnight. I began using it the next morning.

This morning I got the low battery warning when I woke it up. I never turned off the wireless during the few days I used it. I did do some web browsing one day that lasted only about a half hour.

According to what I've read, I should get up to 7 days with wireless on and up to 14 with wireless off. I am disappointed that I only got 4 days of moderate use before the battery needed recharging. Is this typical? Should I be concerned and consider returning it to Amazon before it's too late.
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
It takes a few cycles for the battery to get working at it's full capacity.

Just keep charging it and it should be working fine in a few days.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
laurie_lu
Connoisseur

Thankyou
Old 05-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
laurie_lu
Connoisseur

Oh another question.....

Am I correct in assuming that it won't charge in 'sleep mode' when the screensaver is showing? The orange charging light isn't lit up when in sleep mode but it is when I have the Kindle showing my home page.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I've never had a problem charging my Kindle 2 in sleep mode. In fact, I don't know how to do otherwise. As far as I'm aware, it will automatically go to sleep when charging just as it does in normal use.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
laurie_lu
Connoisseur

It seems to be charging now in sleep mode. I think it needed me to click 'ok' in the low battery warning window to proceed with the charging. I may have forgotten to do that before putting it into sleep mode. I'll keep on eye on it.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
Nine989
Ebook Destroyer
Nine989 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 - Kindle 2 - Kindle Dx
When I first go my kindle global I had similar problems. In my case the cause of it was the fact that I loaded 40 books on the device, and the battery quickly deleted itself. Turns out the kindle indexes the books so you can search them and that's a power intensive task. Did you load books on it?

Check the search option on the kindle, search for gibberish like "abasbas", if it says there are "items not indexed" that's your problem.

I hope this helps.
Nine989 is offline   Reply With Quote