Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #16
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Does Lendle have a limit on how many borrow requests you can hoard? I've done things to get more requests but it doesn't move from 10.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Does Lendle have a limit on how many borrow requests you can hoard? I've done things to get more requests but it doesn't move from 10.
Maybe there's a limit from doing certain things?
I have more than 10 (I think most are from listing books for lending).
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #18
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Is it actually legal to lend books in this manner, if they're not in the public domain?
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #19
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Is it actually legal to lend books in this manner, if they're not in the public domain?
The publisher has to "enable" lending for the book, so at least they think it's permitted.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I've used ebookfling and Books for Nooks.

I have over a hundred of ebookfling credits, and never bought a one because you get a credit every time you "instant fling" a book even if no one borrows it. I think I have been cycling the same 7 books for a few months now (someone eventually borrows them, but it may take a while). However, instant fling *downloads* are awesome because you know you will get them and get them right away. Their non-instant-fling loans are much more hit-or-miss. Their search features are dreadful as they do not allow filtering or sorting.

I also use Books for Nooks, which is a nook lending club, not an automated intermediary in the way ebookfling is. People post their books as available and you send a request through the site (which is tracked for acceptance and feedback, and also sent to personal emails) but lending is done on your own. There are good feedback mechanisms (you know how many books the person has borrowed, lent, and the borrower's ratings for all the loans, so you know how reliable the lender is. This works quite well, actually, and I have a much better request/loan ratio with the site--nearly perfect. They also have a forum/community aspect that ebookfling isn't trying for.

I've also done lending on goodreads. It's not a great way to track lending and make sure everything's equitable, but if you join a group for, say, a niche subgenre and people have lending shelves, it can work out well.

Last edited by Joykins; 04-18-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Yes, it's a one-time 14-day loan per book and the publisher grants rights to do it.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #22
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
correct me if my brain feel out while truong to work this out. I as an australian can borrow from some sites not all and I can lend to nobody on any site.

I am not sure if that is a legal thing or what.

I was lent ebooks from friends when I brought a kindle and I lent friends things I brought. I never thought anything of it as I have always done it with the paper versions of books.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #23
shiloh123
shiloh123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lendink.com

I use Lendink.com along with the others mentioned here.
shiloh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #24
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I think these lending sites are a step in the right direction, but they are still hindered by things such as the rights of the creator to control distribution.

Note: I am not advocating piracy.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote