Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #496
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
update R4.2

2012-05-23.C10564.rtm
K3: kuaipan vdisk
K4NT: kuaipan vdisk

New feature:
  • Pdf cutting edge for odd and even pages

quoted from this page

Last edited by thomass; 05-25-2012 at 06:49 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #497
msette
msette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
I would upgrade from Kindle 4NT to DX + Duokan (of course).
According to the official source, Duokan cannot install on Kindle DX.
Am I wrong? Is there some non official way to install on DX?
Thanks a lot
msette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #498
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msette View Post
I would upgrade from Kindle 4NT to DX + Duokan (of course).
According to the official source, Duokan cannot install on Kindle DX.
Am I wrong? Is there some non official way to install on DX?
Thanks a lot
There are two diffrerent Duokan : Duokan Lite ( Duokan 2012) and Duokan (the old one).
You can install the second one into a DX.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #499
msette
msette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
But I like the features of the last release. More precisely, I like the Table_Of_Content in pdf and I am waiting for development of hyperlinks in pdf (I know you added it in the wishlist).
Can the new release be adapted to DX in the same way of the old one?
msette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #500
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by msette View Post
But I like the features of the last release. More precisely, I like the Table_Of_Content in pdf and I am waiting for development of hyperlinks in pdf (I know you added it in the wishlist).
Can the new release be adapted to DX in the same way of the old one?
AFAIK it is not possible to port it to DX (yet) However I think they will start to port it as soon as they finished the process for the Duokan Touch.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #501
mikeww
mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Newbie here. please advise

I have this kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eReader.../dp/B0051QVESA

I believe you guys call it the Kindle 4 NT?

Anyway, PDF reading is horrible, I cannot zoom properly. I've tried all the methods in this post but nothing is acceptable. I want to try this Duokan firmware. Seems the en.duokan website is no more..

What I want to know is, suppose I mess up somehow installing the Duokan, or perhaps I don't like it and want to return my Kindle to the stock firmware. Can I do that? If so, how?

Last edited by mikeww; 05-24-2012 at 01:46 AM.
mikeww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #502
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeww View Post
What I want to know is, suppose I mess up somehow installing the Duokan, or perhaps I don't like it and want to return my Kindle to the stock firmware. Can I do that? If so, how?
There is an option in the menu of the Duokan Lite to uninstall it.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #503
mikeww
mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeww ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
There is an option in the menu of the Duokan Lite to uninstall it.
great, I'll give it a shot tomorrow
Old 05-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #504
mikeww

Quote:
great, I'll give it a shot tomorrow
I've done it. I followed the instructions. First time I copied the DK_System and the data.tar.gz. Rebooted and nothing happened. The data.tar.gz file was gone so I re-copied it and rebooted again. Second time it worked.

Problem now is that all the menus are in Chinese, so I have no idea wtf to do. How can I make this into English?

EDIT:
nevermind, I found it. I have no idea what "alt+sym" means on a kindle. But to change the language, you press menu, select the last item which has "alt+sym" next to it, then scroll down to the first drop down and press enter and pick english

Last edited by mikeww; 05-24-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #505
mikeww

How can I zoom into PDFs? I see the 'Smart Layout' option which seems like it converts the PDF into normal text which works pretty good except for some tables and images. Can I just zoom? The 'Page Setting' menu only has 'Fit to page' or 'Fit to width'..

Last edited by mikeww; 05-24-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:56 AM   #506
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
nevermind, I found it. I have no idea what "alt+sym" means on a kindle. But to change the language, you press menu, select the last item which has "alt+sym" next to it, then scroll down to the first drop down and press enter and pick english
设置: System Settings and on a Kindle Keyboard it has a shortcut alt+sym
语言: Language
Old 05-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #507
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
How can I zoom into PDFs? I see the 'Smart Layout' option which seems like it converts the PDF into normal text which works pretty good except for some tables and images. Can I just zoom? The 'Page Setting' menu only has 'Fit to page' or 'Fit to width'..
you can use trim for margins. and there are also options to divide pages to two or four. I'm not sure about manual zoom.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #508
flisak79
flisak79 began at the beginning.

Device: k3
In older "Lite" version I can use Shift or Alt + Arrow Up/Down for pdf zooming. This option not exist on Duokan 2012
flisak79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #509
flisak79
flisak79 began at the beginning.

Device: k3
AZW; MOBI, PRC and Duokan

Kindle can open Mobi/PRC/AZW files. Doukan 2012 couldn't do it. AZW files without DRM are default files from "send to kindle" software. If I manualy change azw extension to mobi, duokan opens them fine. Is is any possibility to define extensions lists for MOBI?
flisak79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #510
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by flisak79 View Post
In older "Lite" version I can use Shift or Alt + Arrow Up/Down for pdf zooming. This option not exist on Duokan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisak79 View Post
Is is any possibility to define extensions lists for MOBI?
you could suggest these to the Duokan Developer Team via kindleuser@duokan.com

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf