Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
girello
girello began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
manage social networks settings; not working where web restricted

Hello,
after I have emailed Amazon two times, they don't seem to understand (or probably they understand VERY well...)

They restricted web access to Kindle2s in Italy (only shop and wikipedia)

So how can I manage social networks settings???

When selected , It starts web browser on a link like "kindle.amazon.com/social...." and it says the usual "Due to local restriction... blah blah blah..."

so now, HOW can I manage MY social network settings?

Only US people (or not restricted) can do it??

Last edited by girello; 11-01-2010 at 01:48 PM.
girello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
If your web access is restricted then the social feature doesn't work properly anyway.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
girello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
If your web access is restricted then the social feature doesn't work properly anyway.
it works, because I have configured it when it was possible web browsing

now I want to manage it, and I cannot enter anymore...

it is not serious, Amazon.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
it works, because I have configured it when it was possible web browsing
But now that web browsing is not possible... it won't work.
No web... no managing of social networking. They kinda go hand-in-hand.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Send another email to the Kindle feedback email address or contact Kindle customer support. That'd be your best bet as there isnt any way of bypassing the web restrictions on 3G. Hopefully you'll get somebody that understands...
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
girello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
But now that web browsing is not possible... it won't work.
No web... no managing of social networking. They kinda go hand-in-hand.
yes no managing of social net, however sharing on FB works

I don't undestand why it is not possible to manage them from the "manage my kindle" of amazon account

Last edited by girello; 11-01-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #7
Acorn
Connoisseur
Acorn is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Can you not access it over WIFI?
Acorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Can you not access it over WIFI?
You must have missed the Kindle2 part of the original post.

Quote:
yes no managing of social net, however sharing on FB works
Ah, I misunderstood then. So you can still share highlights on FB, but now you can't manage the social networking settings? That is strange.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #9
girello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You must have missed the Kindle2 part of the original post.

Ah, I misunderstood then. So you can still share highlights on FB, but now you can't manage the social networking settings? That is strange.
yes! sharing on FB works! (tested now) not managing (tested now)

probably Amazon forgot to insert "manage" in its web proxies, but they don't understand...
Old 11-03-2010, 03:35 AM   #10
bitschnau
Enthusiast
bitschnau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bitschnau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bitschnau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bitschnau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by girello View Post
yes! sharing on FB works! (tested now) not managing (tested now)
No, it's not like that for me.

I am from Germany and own a K3. The web access is restricted for me, like the social networks are too.

I can not manage the Social Networks, while my K3 is registered to Germany. I also have an US address, which I enter sometimes to buy restricted books.

If I switch to this address and register my Kindle in the US, I can manage the social networks via Wi-Fi. If I switch back to Germany and try to share a note, I just get an E-Mail like the following:

Quote:
Amazon Kindle sharing: message not shared

You tried to share a message from ... to Facebook.

(...)

We were unable to send you message because of the following issue:

We are currently unable to offer the sharing feature to customers in Germany.[...]
No sharing, despite the correct configuration.
bitschnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 AM   #11
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
The funny thing is: I have asked Amazon CS why they this feature is not available in Germany. The answer was: "I'm sorry to say that we don’t have any information about why Sharing Highlights and Notes on Facebook and Twitter is not available in Germany."

??
warp is offline   Reply With Quote