Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
wudaben
wudaben began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
LRF to EPUB: Each line is a paragraph tag

I'm sorry if this is a common question... I've been searching and found several people talking about some formats producing a <p> tag for every single line but haven't been able to find any sort of fix.

So my problem is I have an LRF formatted ebook that looks perfect in Calibre's viewer interface but when converted over to EPUB everything is double spaced. I ended up opening the file in Sigil and looked at the actual html source and sure enough every single line is formatted as a paragraph and if possible I would like the paragraphs to be spaced properly but have no spacing between individual line breaks. Any help is appreciated...Thanks!
wudaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the remove paragraph spacing option in the conversion settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
wudaben

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough... what I meant was since every single line in my converted epub document is formatted with the <p> tag there is no way to distinguish between the actual paragraphs and the line breaks. If I select the "Remove spacing between paragraphs" option then the whole document looks like one big run on paragraph. It would be ideal if I could figure out how to not have each individual line formatted with a paragraph tag. Is that possible?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it depends very much on you initial LRF file. calibre's LRF conversion was really only designed to work with LRF files produced by calibre. It sounds like your LRF file is from some other source.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
wudaben

That is correct. My LRF file is an ebook without DRM that wasn't created in Calibre. Are there any 3rd party tools that you are aware of that could perform that kind of conversion?
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

IIRC, there's something called LRFTools that may give you better results.