Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
$199.99 Nook + $50 Gift Card at Best Buy!

I've been going back and forth about either waiting for the Pandigital Novel, or buying a Nook or Archos 7 Home Tablet.

After today's announcement that the Pandigital Novel was indeed recalled and the estimated restocking date is August (possibly), I sort of lost confidence in the device and crossed it off the list.

The Archos 7 Home Tablet also looks cool, and I like Aldiko quite a bit. However, I already have an Asus T91MT, so I don't really need another tablet. I can do all of the extra tablet stuff much better on my Asus since I have optimized Windows 7 to work quite well for Web Browsing, Comic reading, Audio/Video, etc. The Asus is only 2.2 pounds, so it isn't too heavy for those types of things.

So, I was leaning towards a Nook since it is light and I can use it for ereading to complement my tablet. The only problem was whether or not I should wait for the cheaper wifi version ($150), or get the slightly cooler 3G version.

Ok, now to get to my Best Buy experience. I noticed that Best Buy had a sign next to the Nook display that said "Buy a Nook and get a free $50 gift card." The expiration date on the sign was 7/3/10. But, the price under the Nook device was $259.99. I pulled out my iphone, went on the Best Buy page where the Nook was listed as $199.99, and brought a device to the register. It rang up as $199.99, and I asked the cashier about the free gift card. She said it should still be free because the promotion is still in the system. When she rang everything up though, the price shot back up. She called the manager over, and he was convinced that I had the wrong model Nook. I assured him that I had the only model they carried. He stood at the register for some time very confused, but he decided in the end that since the sign was still up, and it was before July 3rd, he had to give it to me!

Before the stores alter their sales signs, I would encourage anybody that is on the fence to take advantage of this awesome deal!

Last edited by Noah98; 06-25-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
nice work, if it's up they have to honor it no matter what. If they try and say well it's a mistake or it's this or it's that, you can threaten them with bait and switch.

Nice score
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert