Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Word broken in PDF

Hello all.

I'm using an LBook from 1.27 and now 2.00 firmware and in both firmwares the PDF viewer has a very annoying problem breaking words. For example, a line like:

Cicero Romae educatus, ubi secundum Plutarchum ingeniosissimus praestabat

Appears like

Cicero Ro mae educa tus, ubi secundum Plutarchum ingenios issimus praest abat

It's only a sample in Latin, but it occurs in Spanish and English and breaks my read. I get two or three broken words on each screen.

I've tried to generate PDF with "Word save as PDF", CutePDF, OpenOffice with all possible combinations and effect continues. In my PC, Samsung Q1, Gen3, iLiad same PDF is shown well with no word separation.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
vtstarin
vtstarin is on a distinguished road

Device: BEBOOK
Thumbs up

I did have the same problem with my bebook initially.
Solution: In openoffice change the the line alignment to "justified" for all lines. Then save it as pdf. It should work.

Regards,
Thiagu
vtstarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Thumbs up

Thanks, Thiagu

It seems problem minimizes when all text is justified and not only some parts of it.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote