Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Do you have goals for the New Year?

We did this last year.

I forgot what mine was. Please don't remind me......I'll just get depressed.

So.......what are your "goals" for the New Year?

More reading?

Eating more donuts?

Seeing to it that the Kindle comes out with folders?

petting your dog/cat more/kicking them less?

Tell us!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Read more books! I love to read, by I tend to get caught up in re-reading my favorite books over and over again, so I want to branch out and read more new (to me) books. I'm thinking I might make my goal one book a week, but we'll see how quickly university coursework changes that. xD
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Training my cat to make coffee for me.
Buying a PocketBook 302.
Visiting at least one Meet-Up in Paris as well as one in Germany.
Just living a little bit more than this year.
A happy and healthy family.

Is that too much to ask for?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Training my cat to make coffee for me.
Buying a PocketBook 302.
Visiting at least one Meet-Up in Paris as well as one in Germany.
Just living a little bit more than this year.
A happy and healthy family.

Is that too much to ask for?
Good luck with the cat part.....

The rest sounds do-able......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Getting home safe!

I heard it will be freezing hard by the time we'll be going home...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
A year ago I resolved to spend a lot less time converting and posting new books here. I have succeeded in doing that, I'm afraid. This year my only resolution so far will be to eat every doughnut on the planet this Saturday (Doughnut Day!) or die (dye?) trying. If I survive that, we'll see about other goals.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:42 AM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
This year mine would have to be getting out from under all of our debt!

Last year I set out to give up drinking diet soda (due to my daughter's persistant requests), and I'm happy to say that I believe it was a success. I went 6 months without any diet soda (had a celebratory 6th month soda, hoping that the stuff would taste horrible to me, but it didn't. ) In the latter half of the year I've had maybe six or eight, without refills, which is practically nothing compared to how much diet soda I used to consume daily! Sadly, it still tastes way too good to me, so I could imagine how easy it would be to starting drinking it again regularly, but I'm pretty sure that I will be able to resist the urge.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So.......what are your "goals" for the New Year?

More reading?
Personal:
Buying fewer ebooks. (And none at all from 1st January to 8th May!)
Getting my "to be read" folder below 200 (from 400) by the end of the year.
Slowly getting my weight back down to 70kg from my current 78kg

Work:
Getting more contracts
Finishing the projects I'm currently working on
Updating my freebie projects to QXP8

Publishing:
Getting the two current books out by end January/end March respectively
Working on publicity
Perhaps converting one of the existing titles to ebook
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:21 AM   #9
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Top on my list is to lose at least 85 pounds this comming year. I lost 85 pounds this year starting in March and I was able to get off of all my perscription medicines by November.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:49 AM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
My goal for 2010 :
Get a place of my own.
Pass the driver license.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:52 AM   #11
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
.... just .... one ..... more ..... year ....
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:36 AM   #12
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
My goals are:
- Finish renovating the inside of our house.
- Rebuild my big shed.
- Knock off 8 uni subjects.
- At the top of my list - spend more time with the wife and 2 kids (especially my 22 month old, he's doing well atm considering his sister came in to the world 3 weeks ago).
- Hopefully not look back at the end of 2010 and say "Gee I wish I did that".
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:54 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Training my cat to make coffee for me....
It's not really a goal, but if Netseeker wants to sell one of those trained cats, I'd be very interested. Mine's always switching my regular for de-caf.

Last year I vowed to gain weight and smoke more tobacco. I only kept one of those vows. Maybe two goals was too much for me, but I'll give it a shot again anyway.

This year, my two goals are:

1) Gain lots more weight. My first goal by this time next year is to need all the doors in my house enlarged.

2) There are currently 144 items on my Kindle. Many people might say that their goal is to whittle that list down to under 10. Not me. I want to add more and more items, until I discover just how many items it takes to crash a Kindle.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-01-2010 at 08:59 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
I don't do resolutions, but I have been building my to read list for 2010 (mostly freebies and books from here) and want to see how many of them I can get read this year without deviating from the list too much.
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I have a goal to read 250 books next year. My mother also said we are going on a diet, but that never goes well...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote